Condensation line steadily drips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teeball

Reaction score
2002 Jeep Liberty Why is my condensation line dripping and the a/c isn't even on? And my antifreeze/coolant is disappearing. Can this be where it's going or not? I've put water in the fill tank till all of the coolant is gone.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
2002 Jeep Liberty Why is my condensation line dripping and the a/c isn't even on? And my antifreeze/coolant is disappearing. Can this be where it's going or not? I've put water in the fill tank till all of the coolant is gone.
What’s dripping out, water or something greasyish?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Water ? uh. distilled water only with Mopar HOAT coolant hopefully & no where right now where it is below freezing outside. Don't need a cracked block.
Anytime I hear coolant disappearing, I think of blown head gasket & time to pull a valve cover for inspection.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
A/C runs all the time on these to control condensation etc in the cabin
so it is on, you just didn't know
start looking at the drivers side of the radiator , they split there and are often times almost impossible to see
Then from there could be water pump dripping some

Teeball

Reaction score
A/C runs all the time on these to control condensation etc in the cabin
so it is on, you just didn't know
start looking at the drivers side of the radiator , they split there and are often times almost impossible to see
Then from there could be water pump dripping some
Thanks i was wondering why it was dripping I will take a really good look at the radiator tomorrow. Do you think JB weld would work if the radiator is split or do you have any suggestions other than replacing the radiator? Thanks in advance.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks i was wondering why it was dripping I will take a really good look at the radiator tomorrow. Do you think JB weld would work if the radiator is split or do you have any suggestions other than replacing the radiator? Thanks in advance.
It may work for a short time
I used a marine epoxy on one of mine to get back home to Ohio when I was in Florida, but it is only short term
A new " good " radiator not one of the Autozone etc cheapies

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.