code 116?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the engine with the water hose yesterday and now i have a code and check engine light today. Its 116, coolant sensor reading not making sense is what the paper of codes says, what do u all think this is? what do i need to check, wheres the stupid coolant sensor at on this pos?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took the plug off and there dosent seem to be anything wrong with it, cant even tell its been wet. Im going to unplug the battery for 10min, i think that it may of gotten it alittle wet and set the light off and then dried off but the light dosent go off for around 50 starts and stops.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back in from working on it, i unhooked the battery for 10min and it seems to of fixed it. I didnt drive it, just started it up and there was no light. sure smelt like gas though, the comp must of had it running alittle rich.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Just got back in from working on it, i unhooked the battery for 10min and it seems to of fixed it. I didnt drive it, just started it up and there was no light. sure smelt like gas though, the comp must of had it running alittle rich.

That's because the engine computer has to "relearn" everything.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i know, I like to do that every fall and spring, with the temp changing so much, my gas mileage seems to suck until it relearns, so i just go ahead and reset everything so it learns alittle quicker.