Clutch Noise??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vomari

Reaction score
Hello Jeep KJ Country,
Just purchased a used 2006 jeep liberty (stick) and after a few days of driving it I started hearing a squeaking noise as I press down on the clutch. I thought I'd did thorough research by looking up recalls for this year and model. Not one to be found for a manual.
Is this common? Does anyone have an idea of what it could be, before I go take it back to the dealership under a 30 day warranty?

Thanks

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my clutch pedal itself makes a squeaking noise sometimes. I think it's the pivot point where pedal itself is attached or the master cylinder pushrod or something. Usually only does it during the winter when it's cold and filthy in my Jeep.

It's completely unrelated to the mechanical portion of the clutch/transmission and not at all a serious problem. It's just another noise.

See if you can isolate where the noise is coming from - is it coming from the clutch itself or just the pedal? Just something to consider before you tear into your clutch. :)

EDIT - I just saw you're still under warranty. Take it back and let them figure it out. Good luck!

Last edited:

vomari

Reaction score
Thanks prospect62, that's what I'm planning on doing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.