Clicking And Clacking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im getting a random but constant Clicking And Clacking noise. It seems like its coming from the lower belt section on the passenger side. But the weird thing is is that it only does it in gear. Park or neutral its gone. It sounds like its about water pump level more toward the passenger side. Its been doing it for a while and everything is running fine. but i still would like to find and fix it . Any
Thoughts?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need a little more info on what type of Kj you have but how's the heat sheld on the exhaust. When loose it can act like you describe. ?

EvilSnipa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It Might be that belt tensioner. I grabbed and wiggled everything the best i could an dint feel like any bad bearings on all the pulleys. But will keep trying

Karlosfandango

Reaction score
One of the clutches on one of the pulleys? I heard mine making a strange noise as you describe, sent the wife under the bonnet whilst I revved and it was viscous heater clicking on and off.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the belt and start twirling the different pulleys by hand. You should either feel or hear the bad one.

Members online

No members online now.