Clevis/strut yoke

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2nd time around

Reaction score
So about 1000 miles ago when it was time to replace my shocks and struts i went ahead and had a Frankenlift lift kit installed on my 2002 Liberty Renegade.
Brought the Jeep into the shop for a different issue and they noticed that the drivers side clevis/ strut yoke is cracked (see picture). Needless to say this needs to be fixed/replaced.
BTW have not had the jeep offroad since the lift was installed, just normal city driving.
So the questions I have, has anyone else had this problem? Would you fix it, weld it? Or is replacing the best bet?

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Replace it.

This actually the second time I can think of that someone has had a cracked one.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
More than likely cracked it during install trying to spread it.
I see you are in Grove City
Not far away and I may have a few of those around if you can't find one in a junk yard
Don't use them on any of mine, well the 05 for a while longer
Let me know, OH and do installs as well

Last edited:

2nd time around

Reaction score
Not far away and I may have a few of those around if you can't find one in a junk yard
I havent started to look yet, thought id get an opinion first. Id be willing to buy a couple (to play it safe) if you happen to have any. Was thinking of doing it myself as I also have some JBA UCA's to install but havent had a chance to get my shit together to work on it. My garage seems to be occupied by a couple rooms full of "stuff" my daughter is storing while her house is being built.

John

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I havent started to look yet, thought id get an opinion first. Id be willing to buy a couple (to play it safe) if you happen to have any. Was thinking of doing it myself as I also have some JBA UCA's to install but havent had a chance to get my shit together to work on it. My garage seems to be occupied by a couple rooms full of "stuff" my daughter is storing while her house is being built.

John

Pretty sure I have some extras,
Don't use the clevis' anymore on mine so they are here somewhere
Getting ready to move soon, but garage is big enough to do UCAs

02kjtoleeedo

Reaction score
What do you use instead Tommudd?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you use instead Tommudd?
I run the JeepinByAl adjustable coilover lifts on the 03 and 04 , so they use a different mount, not the stock clevis"
Post is back up from the dead LOL

Sort of see the top of the clevis for the coilovers , no bumpstop in on this picture, just installed and still adjusting height

02kjtoleeedo

Reaction score
I run the JeepinByAl adjustable coilover lifts on the 03 and 04 , so they use a different mount, not the stock clevis"
Post is back up from the dead LOL

Sort of see the top of the clevis for the coilovers , no bumpstop in on this picture, just installed and still adjusting height
I see, they don't make them anymore! You think the 06 Commander fork is the same?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I see, they don't make them anymore! You think the 06 Commander fork is the same?
KKs are the same only longer, get some 08 ones as the 09 and up are just stamped steel
of coourse would have to replace both sides but get a small lift as well in the deal

Latest posts

Members online