Clevis Lift Just on Front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtaylor42

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if anyone has added the conduit spacers to the front with their Rusty's lift but not added the extra to the rear. I was hoping this would level out the truck a little more. I prefer it to look more level than have the raked look. If anyone has done this, do you have pics you could post so I could see? Thanks in advance!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, others have done that just for that specific reason - to level the KJ out. I personally like the lower front end so I haven't bothered with it.

jtaylor42

Reaction score
Actually in doing a little research over on Lost KJs I read that some who have done this get an inaccurate reading from their gas tank. Since the truck no longer sits "level" or stock then this makes sense. I just want to make sure I can fit Goodyear MT/R 245/75R16's on 16x8 rims w/o any rubbing at all and thought a little extra in the front would look better and accomplish this

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jtaylor42 said:
Actually in doing a little research over on Lost KJs I read that some who have done this get an inaccurate reading from their gas tank. Since the truck no longer sits "level" or stock then this makes sense. I just want to make sure I can fit Goodyear MT/R 245/75R16's on 16x8 rims w/o any rubbing at all and thought a little extra in the front would look better and accomplish this

Your gas gauge will be just fine. Its not like you are lifting the Front 3" and not doing anything to a rear, even then it wouldn't make much of a difference if any.

A 1/2" difference between the front and rear is just over a 1/4 degree change in the angle the jeep sits at. Believe it or not, going from full tank to a empty tank makes as much as a 1/2" difference in there rear. In addition, most of the time the road isn't perfectly level even in flat areas. You can easily be driving on as much as 2-3 degree incline/declines and never know and that doesnt effect the fuel gauge. Thus a 1/2" or even 1" clevis lift will not make one bit of difference.