Clearing error codes after replacing a censor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mgrasso

Reaction score
So I just replaced my back right wheel speed censor but my dash lights are still on. Had a diagnostic reading done at the dealership and that's what they said caused them to come on. Now that it's been replaced how can I clear the code and get the lights to turn back off?

The Fixer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The easiest way is just to disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for 20 minutes; it'll erase all the codes,and also cause the computer to go through all the OBD II monitor checks as well.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Disconnecting the battery will not erase some codes,a scanner is needed for those that will not clear.

No, but it should reset it so the MILs are turned off, till the next flag occurs.

I did that every year before emissions, so it would pass. I bypassed the EGR system on my former Dodge. 3-days before emissions testing I would reset the ECM, and it passed, EVERY YEAR. Hence, the bull-stories they are feeding us about emissions. The levels were the same as they would have been, with the EGR working.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have any Superchips designed to talk to any Mopar vehicle, you can do it. I used my programmer for my Ram on our Libby. I can only vouch for Superchips on this one though.

L

lil black liberty

Just use an OBDII reader to erase the code.. I picked mine up @ Autozone for $30.. not bad considering I have used it all the way from an 01 Dodge Durango up to an 05 Jeep Liberty to an 07 Dodge Pickup.. has came quite handy as of late..

Bboyyumm

Reaction score
P0122

Check engine lights bug me..So I just had my ecu read and got the code P0122.. I replaced the TPS sensor and still the light comes on.. I played with the throttle body manually opening and closing the throttle by hand and the light went off.. Then a few days later (today) my check engine light is back on again...:flame: Had the ecu scanned again and same code P0122. Any suggestions? Also when I open the throttle by hand after I let it go it makes a weird click almost like the throttle is pulling and then releasing again on its own.. Is this normal?