cleaner wax the same as a clay bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 've been reading through meguiars and mothers website and I noticed that the claybar and a cleaner wax does the same thing. Aren't they the same thing. Can I use the claybay instead of buying cleaner wax or vice versa?

rhy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if I use the claybar from meguiars I really don't need to use cleaner wax after right?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 've been reading through meguiars and mothers website and I noticed that the claybar and a cleaner wax does the same thing. Aren't they the same thing. Can I use the claybay instead of buying cleaner wax or vice versa?
Depends on how you apply it,by hand=no,with a mechaniacal buffer=yes.Be sure to hit it with a good machine glaze afterwards(for a swirl free shine).

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Claying and DC #1 do different things. The paint cleaner preps the paint for polish and wax. Clay removes bonded containments(rail rust, tree sap, etc)..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.