Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Sport doesnt seem to have the power it once had. The engine light was on before and there were misfire codes and O2 sensor codes. So I changed all the spark plugs, O2 sensors which fixed the current problem but as I was leaving my hometown the light came on again so I scanned and there was an evap code and cat conv code. Wont be able to get it into the shop in a month or so.

So what I wanna know it whats causing the evap and cat codes and could this contribute to my robbed power? kopkrab.gif

Looking for all ideas and suggestions, thanks guys.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Sport doesnt seem to have the power it once had. The engine light was on before and there were misfire codes and O2 sensor codes. So I changed all the spark plugs, O2 sensors which fixed the current problem but as I was leaving my hometown the light came on again so I scanned and there was an evap code and cat conv code. Wont be able to get it into the shop in a month or so.

So what I wanna know it whats causing the evap and cat codes and could this contribute to my robbed power? kopkrab.gif

Looking for all ideas and suggestions, thanks guys.

What are your codes? What O2 sensors did you use?

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your codes? What O2 sensors did you use?

I cant remeber what the codes were Tjkj seems to be onto something the only one I can remember is 300 which is misfire but thats been fixed, I used ngk spark plugs n o2 sensors

Weaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat codes,P0420 and P0430, and loss of power is a good sign that there plugged and you need new ones.

I used ngk spark plugs n O2 sensors last time, any recommendations on what to use and also how to prevent this from happening again. Im not too mechanically inclined but I know some stuff

Latest posts

Members online