Cheap Performance Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002KJLimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried swapping a 2004 and later KJ intake tube to to a 2002 KJ? I got one at a pull-a-part for almost nothing, cleaned it, wrapped it, and installed it. Only thing is figuring out what to do with the valve cover breathers, I might just join them together and put a pod filter on them.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did this a while back but did the whole PCV conversion. I swapped the oil fill tube with the 07 (no PCV bung) and put the 07 PCV with adapter into the driver side (US) breather port. The passenger side breather hose was just ziptied under the new intake tube (04-07). I was going to put a connector for it into the side of the new intake tube if it smelled but never did. I think John3seventeen had a pic somewhere of his setup too.

Might get some helpful info from this thread:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/pcv-positive-crancase-ventilation-tsb-59367/

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried swapping a 2004 and later KJ intake tube to to a 2002 KJ? I got one at a pull-a-part for almost nothing, cleaned it, wrapped it, and installed it. Only thing is figuring out what to do with the valve cover breathers, I might just join them together and put a pod filter on them.

Ran a bored out one on the 04 for a while, very little difference really
No extra mileage, small amount of extra power on hills but not enough seat of the pants feel to make it worthwhile long term
Best thing is to go back to a paper filter and 3 inch hose out to the grill.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
muffler swap is another good one, doesnt gain much, but better than stock

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the 45rfe if your kj is an automatic. Might try a line pressure booster for it to improve the shifts a bit. Are you running stock size tires still?

Latest posts

Members online