Cheap Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottg

Reaction score
Im looking to lift our 05 liberty to allow more clearance in the front. With only 41k miles, that front is shot. It sags bad, and the cvs are pointing upwards.

I picked up a new set of Monroe Quickstruts (entire Assembly part 171577L&R) for free from work. These come with Coils, mounts, and strut, pre-assembled. Now I would like to add a cheap lift at the same time, and For cost, would it be easier to get the daystar 1.5inch blocks and run a clevis and Boiler's upper plate to get the extra lift? I'm not really sure how much lift I would need in the rear until the front is done. I haven't taken any measurements or anything yet.

heres a older pic of the jeep
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

the front has actually sagged more then that, rubbing is a pita

Scottg

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Could you get a measure from the hub to bottom of the fender flare? Non sagged stock is about 19". What size tires are those?

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about Boiler's top plates and an additional 1/2" with a clevis lift, with brand new springs and struts I can only assume this would bring it back to stock height with an extra 1" + of lift.
If you get the Daystar spacer, you'll have to disassemble the struts, add the spacer, and change the top plate bolts over to the Daystar top plate, if all you want is a little boost over stock, it would be much simpler to just go with Boiler's top plates and a clevis lift.....

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
If I had new front and rear springs, I would go with the Daystar liftto get a true 2.5" of lift. I do not believe that amount of lift is available easily with just the patch together pieces? :confused:

The biggest knock on the Daystar was that it relied on the crappy OEM springs. If they are gone...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With that assembly not sure what you can use, got a picture of it? I would "assume" you could do a top plate and a clevis but not sure with those Quickstruts, never knew anyone that bought them:confused:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Rock Krawler= junk
wouldn't run anything they have if they GAVE me a truck load

scottg

Reaction score
With that assembly not sure what you can use, got a picture of it? I would "assume" you could do a top plate and a clevis but not sure with those Quickstruts, never knew anyone that bought them:confused:

I'll have to get a picture, but its a pre-assembled strut, just remove your old, and install this one. So there's no down time of swapping coils or mounts. So I can easily add a daystar lift to the front kit, without having my vehicle present, or leaving it sit on jacks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to get a picture, but its a pre-assembled strut, just remove your old, and install this one. So there's no down time of swapping coils or mounts. So I can easily add a daystar lift to the front kit, without having my vehicle present, or leaving it sit on jacks.

To do a Daystar lift you have to compress the coils and break everything down anyways, not saving a thing. Only real option you have is to do a clevis lift and a top plate. Wonder what the rate is on those I assume same as stock about 300 LB?

scottg

Reaction score
To do a Daystar lift you have to compress the coils and break everything down anyways, not saving a thing. Only real option you have is to do a clevis lift and a top plate. Wonder what the rate is on those I assume same as stock about 300 LB?

yeah, but i dont have to dismount the ones of the vehicle and do it, I can easily take my time with it, since I have a complete extra setup

and yeah geeky, Free is the best! Got to love getting chances to talk to vendors:D

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bure aghali
Swahili for cheap is expensive

I would sell what you have a do a decent lift right off

Free is not always good
Cheap Monroe shocks/ hard to tell spring rate hopefully stock but even then...

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my lift free...
You must be registered for see images

tho... it is a rough country lift, but my mom decided to buy it for me... I needed to replace two tires, and don't want to blow the money on stock size tires when I was planning on lifting it next spring anyway. Now I can get into the tire size I want, then come spring I can get my upper arms and suspension system that I really want, then sell this lift on craigslist or something. Yep, also, I did trim my front bumper, a hack saw, 4 minutes and a couble good swings with my size 10 boot is all it took, though I do need to put some screws or rivits in inner fender since I did cut it all off above the lower rivot

Last edited:

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
monroes are good struts, we use them all the time with no complaints. only thing better is kyb then ya got bilstein ome or rancho. plus the springs are brand new, im sure better then stock. i was looking into doing the same thing, new struts at least and a daystar. mine has 89k and still sits stock, im running 245/75s with no lift. and no rubbing. if you got em free, pickup a daystar and you got 2in of lift that rides way better then stock.

Last edited:

Moab

Reaction score
From my short time with the front end of my Liberty bolting and unbolting, stacking, spacing, struts, new UCA's I have come to realize that anything at the strut assembly is more at the wheels. Geometry working. In other words if you put a 1/4" spacer above your strut you will may get close to 3/8's to a 1/2" of lift.
If you put a 3/4" spacer on your spring you will probably be in the 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" of lift at the wheel. The ol' 3/8" clevis lift will get you close to 3/4" of lift at the wheels.
Many here already know this but I had to play around and figure it out hands on.
Anyway good luck with the lift and I know she's gonna look great :D