Cheap AC Bypass **PICTURE**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmyjimmyjimmy

Reaction score
Did this discussed bypass on an 08 Liberty. However - left the AC compressor in place however since there was still some AC in the system (though the compressor bearings were bad). so, I cut the AC pulley off (cutoff wheel) and left the AC compressor in place. I used the 8356 belt suggested by others and it's a tight fit, but it works. Drove a hundred miles so and no issues so far. Seems to me that Dorman or others could/should make an AC bypass pulley kit like they do for the earlier Libertys. Same belt routing as above picture

oboudreaux

Reaction score
Would I need to remove the clutch fan to do this? I can't get the fan shroud off to see the clearance between that and the electric fan.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would I need to remove the clutch fan to do this? I can't get the fan shroud off to see the clearance between that and the electric fan.
You should not need to touch you fan shroud or fan clutch.

Rotate the tensioner to loosen the belt. Pull it off any pulley and release the tensioner.
The diagram shows removing the compressor or a/c compressor clutch. You have to do one or the other to make room for the shorter belt to run freely.

Then, off with the old belt and on with the new.
Route as the diagram shows. Move the tensioner to get the belt on all pullleys and you should be good to go.

Never done on a KK but several times on my KJ's