Changes to A/C, heater control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, coaster G, that's exactly where I found the part. And like I said, after shipping it is around 35 dollars. I didn't have a part number either when I went looking on their website, so I thought I was taking a bit of a chance. But it was the right part and life is much better with the console and the indash 6 disc I just put in yesterday. I love that rds. \:D/

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More info

Been doing some more experimenting. In this application, an '05 heater/A/C control is mounted in an '04 Liberty.

Everything works as advertised, EXCEPT, I just discovered the A/C is selectable in only 3 modes (recirc., dash, and dash/floor). For the other 3 (floor only, floor/defrost and defrost) the A/C seems to come on automatically, regardless of the switch. You can hear it engage.

This is different in so far as in the '04 control, it is possible to get floor air with or without A/C.

So for those who have made the switch, be aware, you may be running your A/C without actually selecting it.

For those with an '05 Liberty, is this any different?