Changes... They are a comin'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished Product, I had a run on one wheel and a couple of spots of orange peel (ontop of the factory Cactus green orange peel) but it looks good from a couple feet away...they will just get scratched up eventually anyway :icon_twisted:

You must be registered for see images attach

I really hope I don't get a flat because i was to lazy to get the spare down so it is still cactus green :disgust:

up close:

I shoulda brought out the bleache-white and cleaned the letters up but oh well

and just for the heck of it here is some shots of how the Jeep looks today (dirty)

pay no attention to that missing lugnut in the last pic...it is in my wife's KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good with the silver ring around the outside
Thats how I did my Moabs since I wanted to break it up some and not have all black

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well painted the wife's today, but decided to go for a gunmetal to try and match the Rene wheels. I also outlined the letters on her tires, I am sorry I just like white letters :D Notice I didn't bother to clean any of the jeep from last weekends outing cept the wheels haha. The only thing clean on my jeep is the reattached fender flare oh and the license plates on both since they came today.

Not a direct match to the renegade wheel but still looks good to me:

Woo Hoo, new plates:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good match to me! I painted mine graphite, so they're pretty much an exact match as well. Also gotta LOVE the white letters. I actually have a question for you:

Looks like you used a clear coat: what did you use and how did you use it? (Directly after you painted, waited a little bit, etc.) I've been looking to re-paint my wheels 'cause the paint got stained by the break dust (CRAZY RIGHT?!?!). And one of my wheels is a bit lighter than the others (had to buy a new rim because my friends decided to steal my car and get a flat tire in it). Anyways and hints and tips would be appreciated :D I wanna make re-painting the wheels my summer project, along with painting my friend's WK wheels.

PS - what size tires are those? You don't have a lift on that Jeep at all yet do you?

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good match to me! I painted mine graphite, so they're pretty much an exact match as well. Also gotta LOVE the white letters. I actually have a question for you:

Looks like you used a clear coat: what did you use and how did you use it? (Directly after you painted, waited a little bit, etc.) I've been looking to re-paint my wheels 'cause the paint got stained by the break dust (CRAZY RIGHT?!?!). And one of my wheels is a bit lighter than the others (had to buy a new rim because my friends decided to steal my car and get a flat tire in it). Anyways and hints and tips would be appreciated :D I wanna make re-painting the wheels my summer project, along with painting my friend's WK wheels.

PS - what size tires are those? You don't have a lift on that Jeep at all yet do you?

Nope no Clear coat, too lazy I didn't even take the wheels off of the truck to paint them. Three nice thin even coats and thats all she wrote. As for the tires they are LT225/75R16 so almost exactly the same size as stock. (about 0.3 inches taller than stock) no there is no lift on this libby

How do those Duratracs sound on the road? Looks good btw!

They are very quiet, I don't even hear them ...of course I am used to my MT/Rs

Members online