Centre console help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know how to remove the trim panel around the Auto shifter on the 05 Libby? I just got myself a Startech shifter and the fitting instructions start with "refer to DC middle console removal method" Like D'uh,,,,,, ](*,)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Derek, here are some instructions I got over on the LOST site (it looks like I'll be removing mine tomorrow to check the t-case shifter):
There are four screws holding the floor console to the floor. Two accessible by the back of the flip-up box, one by the top right side of the shifter cover plate, and one by the transfer case shifter cover plate. Both cover plates can be pried off with something soft (plastic knife?) or the Miller tool C-4755.
I haven't had a chance to get out and look at it yet, but when I take mine off I'll try to get some pics. I know the cover plate for the main shifter just pops out; just get your fingers under the edge and gently pry up. Haven't had the t-case shifter cover off before but it should be about the same, may need to slide somethin under it to get it started. Good luck.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, so you have to reach alll the way across the console for the t-case shifter and the e-brake? Also looks like the hood release is still on the left side. That's kinda lame; I would have thought they would swap the center console around at least. Ah well, cost-savings.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Wow, so you have to reach alll the way across the console for the t-case shifter and the e-brake? Also looks like the hood release is still on the left side. That's kinda lame; I would have thought they would swap the center console around at least. Ah well, cost-savings.

I agree...that is kind of messed up; especially the hood release.

Nice job on the shifter, though, Derek.

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that guys, I kind of see what you mean though it does mean the gear selector is closer to us, yip the bonnet release is on the same side and the interior mirror on the Ltd does not self dip.
I am now on the prowl for the T/case shifter from Startech too but no-one makes a parking brake replacement so I will be keeping the black plastic.
The dash looks the same except for the "Oh *hit" bar and I am toying with getting one over from the US apart from that its all pretty similar I guess.

Latest posts

Members online