CEL on saying TPS... replaced, light still on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my CEL is on and Autozone said it was the TPS... I haven't run the code for myself yet but TPS is only $30 no big deal. So I swapped in a new one and the light is still on (only driven like 1 mile since then though). Is it just because I haven't driven very far yet or might the code be related to something else?

I have the 5 speed manual ****** so I dunno what the TPS will effect for me honestly.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
02-04 you need to use a re-learn tool to re-set it I think. 05+ re-learn themselves.

(I think it is just a magnet or something.....not sure)

Dave

diyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Per FSM....
After three good trips the MIL is extinguished and the Task Manager automatically switches the trip counter to a
warm-up cycle counter. DTCs are automatically erased following 40 warm-up cycles if the component does not fail
again.
Provided, of course, it was the only DTC and issue wasn't caused by wiring gone bad...

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure enough the light went out when I went for a trip out to lunch tonight... YAY!!! Thanks.