CD option gone just am-fm now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the head unit to add an rca adapter, now the CD option is gone. Only am-fm options in the mode selector. I have read this also happens when people have their battery replaced I replaced battery before and never happened. No error code at all. I can hear the cd changer moving but that's about it...

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a point on the board labeled "Reset" Anybody messed with this before?

Attachments

• Reset.jpg
    Reset.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 17

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a P05091507AE... Got an adapter from ebay just splice rear right and left wires and add gnd. Same one I used in my friend's 2005 limited like mine. Did both same day... the reset pad I found is on the bottom board of the changer itself.

Last edited:

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not tried anything with it cause I have had no chance to follow the trace or check continuity to gnd or vcc... Wish I had the schematic on those boards.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a P05091507AE... Got an adapter from ebay just splice rear right and left wires and add gnd. Same one I used in my friend's 2005 limited like mine. Did both same day... the reset pad I found is on the bottom board of the changer itself.

So are you trying to add a line out for an amp or are you trying to add a aux line in. If you are trying to add an line out for an amp PAC audio makes a great adaptor for just that.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have one and it works great will save you a ton of headaches it is plug and play no splices at all

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a fix for the no cd player in the mode menu after power has been removed from the unit... I already added the subwoofer to my friend's liberty and mine, but lost the cd option on mine... Many people having same issue when they replace battery...

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody gotten this issue fixed? Internal cd changer stops being recognized by the unit. I'm about to start reading eeproms left and right...

Jcdes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems more like the radio and the changer need to be "paired" again... Hmmmm... If I kew the wiring diagram to the ribbon that connects the cd board to the radio board I could try connecting it on the 10 pin aux... Should recognize it...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online