Cat back exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well after 16 years the muffler is starting to rust through on the 03, not loud and annoying,.....yet, but

Nothing loud, no cheap Flow masters or any of that junk just a good quiet/ semi-quiet cat back system

Anyone found some great deals here lately ?

Thanks

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MBRP I scored mine used, but they are reasonable new too. Very good sound. But not loud or annoying

BillyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Walker brand when I had to replace everything from the headers back. Sounds a bit louder than stock and was a good price from Rockauto.

pontipine

Reaction score
MBRP I scored mine used, but they are reasonable new too. Very good sound. But not loud or annoying

I have the MBRP as well. Great sound. It's not exactly quiet on my 06 3.7L. You can hear it from inside the house. A bit of a drone at certain speeds too. Maybe I made a mistake on the install?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Speed daddy. MBRP clone. Fraction of the price.
Great price, sounds ok, but only available on Flea Bay , sad. Stopped using it after I lost over 500 bucks from a number one seller who suddenly disappeared . Paypal nor FleaBay was any help at all

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speed daddy. MBRP clone. Fraction of the price.

How does this sound compared to OE? With a smaller diameter, round muffler, I'd expect it to be not only louder, but to have some drone as well.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s quieter then I expected. In my opinion it what a factory “performance” exhaust would sound like
I don’t have drone. Ordered another for the 03 , I swear it’s louder and they returned it within a week no charge. And it’s it’s quiet like The 02 now

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly it’s quieter then I expected. In my opinion it what a factory “performance” exhaust would sound like
I don’t have drone. Ordered another for the 03 , I swear it’s louder and they returned it within a week no charge. And it’s it’s quiet like The 02 now

Thanks... I like quiet exhausts, but don't mind a little noise if I open the throttle. Nice mandrel bends in that product, from the looks of it. When my Walker rusts out, could be a few years yet, I may need a new tailpipe and when you add it all up, this seems like a good option, if it lasts and isn't too obnoxious.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. I have other cars that are cam’d and loud. I don’t mind the jeep being quiet but the stock muffler was just too quiet. This I feel is like a good balance for fhe price.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. I have other cars that are cam’d and loud. I don’t mind the jeep being quiet but the stock muffler was just too quiet. This I feel is like a good balance for fhe price.

For sure... in a daily driver like my KJ, I like it very quiet so that I can hear other issues, like suspension or drivetrain noises. If I still had my leaking, loud OE muffler, I never would have heard the peculiar squeak that the KJ made before my power steering pump blew into two pieces. lol.

The Walker 18944 SoundFX so far is quite nice. Quiet inside, a bit of a throat to it standing next to it. I painted the entire thing and every seem and weld in gloss black BBQ paint- except the drain hole, of course- so we'll see if it doesn't rust out in 3 years.

peavey85

Reaction score
I have a Dynomax Ultra-flo cat back from Rock Auto - $200 including s/h! Sounds great but not too loud no droan!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Magnaflo is what I ran on the 04 and it did great, same tailpipe after all these years and 232,000 miles
Just wanted a complete kit, drop, replace and be done in 20 minutes

GeekFisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Dynomax Ultra-flo cat back from Rock Auto - $200 including s/h! Sounds great but not too loud no droan!
I'm looking at this one right now ! It's the 2.5" ?
I'm looking at the "Performance" kit. If this is what you bought, did the part in front of the muffler doing conversion 2.25->2.5 ?

peavey85

Reaction score
Yes, everything fit up perfect, 2.5"-2.5"! Nice throaty sound normal driving, and great growl when I punch it!

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came today, ( speed daddy one ) tail pipe I like, muffler, looks loud as heck , no sure
I hope it suits ya. The guy in town has the MBRP and I sounds like a muffler delete. I kept checking it for leaks.
Mine is ridiculously quiet. I’m pretty confident I didn’t get a fluke cause the 2nd one I ordered for the 03 is the same way.

Latest posts

Members online