Car Crazy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found this over on MOL.. :D

The Car Crazy Test

1. What is car washing to you?

A. A chore that should be done by minimum wage earners.
B. A relaxing time, I wash maybe once a month.
C. A necessity for life, I wash my car at least once a week.

2. When you see a dirty car what do you think?

A. Hey that car is just like mine.
B. Could be better.
C. That person is a low life. The concept of driving a dirty car is insulting on every level.

3. What kind of towels do you use?

A. Special towels for cars? I use the old beach towel after shaking the sand out.
B. Kmart special "Martha Stewart Everyday"
C. For what stage? Drying? Buffing? Waxing? Mostly I use deep pile cotton terry without polyester edges specially made with fine cotton, or a specially blended microfiber towel.

4. What kind of soap do you use?

A. Special soap? That's pretty ********. I use good ol' Palmolive, that stuff cuts grease really well.
B. Maybe Turtlewax Zipwax
C. NXT soap, Hyper Wash, Gold Class, #00 take your pick I bought them all.

5. Have you ever clayed your car?

A. What?
B. I have seen it at Pep Boys, but never bought it.
C. Of course, I use Meguiars Quik Clay with Quik Detail for the lube. Then I wipe down with an ultimate wipe.

6. What wax or polish do you use?

A. None, my dealer told me my Clear coat paint was maintenance free. Plus waxing is hard and boring.
B. Turtlewax once a year.
C. Well that depends on what you mean by "wax". The terms "wax" and "polish" are actually different steps. I usually seal my car with #20 followed by #16 or #26. I also love NXT. Do you count synthetic sealants as wax?

7. What is your opinion of your local car wash?

A. I would never wash my car if it weren't for those professionals.
B. A great time saver.
C. I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER subject my JEEP to those dirty rags, swirling dryers and caustic sprayers! I saw a guy use the same rag on lower panels as he used it on the hood!!!!

8.Do you have cobwebs on your car?

A. Not on the outside, I drive too much to let the spiders spin a web. I had one in the backseat once.
B. Yeah, but I don't mind
C. The concept of cobwebs insults me.

9. Have you ever used a PC or any other machine?

A. I use my PC everyday to surf the web.
B. I own a Craftsman orbital, but I rarely use it.
C. I use my PC for most of the polishing or waxing. I feel complete after removing a swirl.

10. What do you do when you discover a bird dropping on your hood?

A. There are too many to count.
B. Maybe a wet shop towel when I get home.
C. I curse at the bird, and then I stop the car immediately and reach for my Quik Detail and an Ultimate wipe that I conveniently store in my trunk.

Add your score up (A is 1, B is 2, C is 3)

30 - Car crazy is not enough to describe you - People look at me like the lady that has 50 cats in her house.

>25 - Definitely Car Crazy - I would hug my car but I don't to avoid unsightly smudges.

>15 - The standard Guy - Cars are cool, but I just drive them.

15 or less - Probably a Soccer Mom - The dealership threw in a special lifetime coating, so there!

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake.......Nice, haha a 30 huh. That's really a good test........clayed what???? I thought turtle wax was for turtles....... I am not so good actually almost a 25. You beat me.

But with this weather all I can do is spray the salt off once a week and it's not a pretty sight, and mine hasn't had an actual wash/wax in a long time. Since it is just waaaay too cold. I tried to spray it down the other day and it froze up on me. At this rate it won't get a real wash/wax until spring unless I run it through an automatic car wash and I hate doing that. I always do it myself.

Dave

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
27 ,and my better half is rolling on the floor(rotflmao) ."See i told you ,that you are **** about keeping the car clean"."Put you feet on the mats" Dont touch the glass when shutting the tailgate " It's raining why are you washing the car" "you washed it yesterday" "more multi fibre clothes to wash" To name but a few.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got more than 30. I thought of more questions and situations while I was reading that quiz and I got up to check my Jeep twice inbetween.:)

I'm definitely Car Crazy.