Can't get my heater working!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillDaBeast

Reaction score
It's starting to get pretty cold out side and I'm trying to get my heat working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! When I switch to heat my airflow is significantly reduced and the air comes out lukewarm at best. I replaced the blend door actuator because it was not moving all the way. When I opened the old one some of the gears were broken. I thought I had solved the problem but no... It still hardly blows and air and it isn't warm. The blower motor is working fine and doesn't slow down on heat. Could my heater core possibly be restricting air flow? Possibly my blend door is broken?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the cabin air filter in the door behind the glove box. There are two filters that sit side by side in there. If they have never been changed they could be severely restricting airflow. They do get pretty gross after a while, and should be replaced every 12k miles (or sooner if you drive dirt roads a lot).

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score

KKinTexas

Reaction score
Broken gears on the air distribution box isn’t good. The box will have to be replaced. I did this on mine and wrote it up here.

It’s more or less like changing the heater core in terms of the work required. You should do that too while you’re in there, and start fresh.
Excellent write up. I did the same repair on mine. The picture of the gummed up diverter door seals I think causes many people problems and broken gears and teeth.. bad materials! I did not replace my heater core, but I have to flush it every year now when it seems weak.
Broken gears on the air distribution box isn’t good. The box will have to be replaced. I did this on mine and wrote it up here.

It’s more or less like changing the heater core in terms of the work required. You should do that too while you’re in there, and start fresh.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.