Can't find this mount.... :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txseaaggie

Reaction score
I saw an antenna mount on a kj the other day and it looked like it was attached to one of the bolts in the spare tire. Has anyone seen or know where to purchase one of these mounts? Typed just about everything I could in Google kopkrab.gif

Thanks in advance

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That mount looks like a fair bit of the antenna is close to the rim of the spare which is not to good for an antenna. It will probably not have a very good VSWR. I made a bracket for mine from aluminium which is held on by the spare wheel bolts but brings the base of the antenna up to the height of the top of the tyre.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Brackets are easy to make, or to buy individual parts to make one. I made two fog lamp mounts for my bike (mounted to the platforms) with four stainless steel brackets that came with a PITT hitch mounted emblem... I have to larger ones left, AND the larger ones would work for this application as well.

Txseaaggie

Reaction score
Brackets are easy to make, or to buy individual parts to make one. I made two fog lamp mounts for my bike (mounted to the platforms) with four stainless steel brackets that came with a PITT hitch mounted emblem... I have to larger ones left, AND the larger ones would work for this application as well.

Ya I just made one today but having a little trouble with it. I took a piece of AL that was laying around my garage and ran it across the lower two bolts on my spare mount. Its basically just a long L bracket. I angled it a little so the window wouldn't hit it but damn window sticks out too far :mad:

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I just made one today but having a little trouble with it. I took a piece of AL that was laying around my garage and ran it across the lower two bolts on my spare mount. Its basically just a long L bracket. I angled it a little so the window wouldn't hit it but damn window sticks out too far :mad:

You just have to learn the 3 handed window/gate/move the antenna out of the way closing technique. eek2.gif Or get a quick disco and only run the antenna when you need it so it is less of a hassle.

Txseaaggie

Reaction score
You just have to learn the 3 handed window/gate/move the antenna out of the way closing technique. eek2.gif Or get a quick disco and only run the antenna when you need it so it is less of a hassle.

I have mastered it thus far. Hold antenna, push down window, and bump door closed with body :rolleyes: just a pain lol