Can the KJ pull a car on a car trailer or isit just to small

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is slip on one wheel (like in snow) that will just spin freely....w/o the others spinning

Even on 4Lo ? I thought it locked all four wheels, but from this I figure it only locks front and rear but not sideways.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
there is slip on one wheel (like in snow) that will just spin freely....w/o the others spinning

Even on 4Lo ? I thought it locked all four wheels, but from this I figure it only locks front and rear but not sideways.

Correct, if you do not have a factory limited slip then only 2 wheels(1 front and 1 rear) are guaranteed to spin in 4low and 4 part time. 1 wheel total will spin in full time, but it can either be 1 front wheel or 1 back wheel.

Guyute1210

Reaction score
Wildbill said:
YES!!!! As long as you have the Factory Tow Pkg. I towed my YJ on a 1700 lbs car hauler from SWFL to Tellico and it worked great. Only problem was when I got close to Tellico with all the mountains, I ran out gear. (too high) I just unloaded and drove the YJ the rest of way. Temp Gauge never went past half way which is where it sits all the time.

Wildbill

Can you explain this: Only problem was when I got close to Tellico with all the mountains, I ran out gear. (too high) I just unloaded and drove the YJ the rest of way.

What is you ran out of gear?

Wildbill

Reaction score
Guyute1210 said:
Wildbill said:
YES!!!! As long as you have the Factory Tow Pkg. I towed my YJ on a 1700 lbs car hauler from SWFL to Tellico and it worked great. Only problem was when I got close to Tellico with all the mountains, I ran out gear. (too high) I just unloaded and drove the YJ the rest of way. Temp Gauge never went past half way which is where it sits all the time.

Wildbill

Can you explain this: Only problem was when I got close to Tellico with all the mountains, I ran out gear. (too high) I just unloaded and drove the YJ the rest of way.

What is you ran out of gear?

My gears where to high.....It caused the RPMs to go way up into 4000 range and I was barely moving. If I had a lower gear ratio (higher number) it would pull alot easier.

Wildbill

Members online

No members online now.