Can the electrical system handle it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again, as you can probably tell by my previous posts I'm working on a large project with the sound system. I'm currently running a Hifonics BRX1100.1D pushing two Rockford Fosgate P3's. Using a 1.2 Farad capacitor I don't get much headlight dim. The real question I have is, will adding a BRX320.4 hurt my electrical at all? I'd be removing all of the stock amps in the doors so it has to even out somehow...

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got any electrical current specs to compare?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Haha - "current" specs. Get it? Hahaha!!! :happy175:

Sorry, it's been that kind of a day. Wish I'd never stopped drinking and doing hard drugs... :mexsmoke:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like your current (oops - that was inadvertent) amp has a 60A fuse and the new one uses a pair of 25A fuses. How much safety margin is built into that I have no idea. (i.e., Are those fuses pushed to nearly the limit at full load or is there ample headroom built in.)

That was all I could find in the specs pertaining to power draw. There was lots of nice stuff regarding power output, though. :waytogo:

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah with the two amps the fuses combined on the actual amps will be 170. (2-60's on the monoblock and 2-25's on the 4ch) I already have a aftermarket head unit which has its own 100watt amp in it. So once I connect the 4ch it'll turn off which will save 100 watts of power, and taking out the two door amps should save more. Idk how much each amp puts out in the doors. In my head I'm thinking I'm taking out 300 watts and putting in 320. If that's how it works. I assume it'll be clearer and louder now though with a high quality external amp

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your electrical system can handle it fine but I would recommend a larger capacitor. With what you'll be running you want minimum 1.5 farad but I would personally recommend a 2.0 farad.