Camping-Off Roading & Boating At Chilliwack Lake!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have buddies of mine who have no problem camping in the middle of winter in the deep woods. Imagine!?

I did it for a bit while I was with 1 SVC BN. Except I had to sleep in the hole I had dug. Not an easy task when the dirt is frozen solid. God I hated digging in for "trenched defensive positions".

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I have the gear for winter camping. I've gone the past couple of winters, but if I know the low temp is going to be lower than 15*F, I'll stay home. Then it's too cold and not even enjoyable anymore.

Thermarest insulated air mattresses are the best! :D

OneOneNiner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics guys,You should put a Cadillic emblem on the hood of you Jeep,cuz that's what I call camping in style.:cool:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Early in the forestry road beside the lake, it is hard to beat this scenery.
35675[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I suppose add a KJ and all is well!:)
35677[/ATTACH]"]

Away from the lake now in the mountains, Ryan walks ahead to see what the road is like ahead.
35679[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• Trail3.jpg
    Trail3.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Trail5.jpg
    Trail5.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Trail4.jpg
    Trail4.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Forestry Road Collage

We had some serious fun on that forestry Road!
There were some yipee's and hold on to the hand rails on parts of these trails!
In one of my video's Ryan says "I am holding onto the bottom of the seat!" :)
35687[/ATTACH]"]

Attachments

• ChilliwackForestyRoad.jpg
    ChilliwackForestyRoad.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 0

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
A Prius? What? On This Road?

Shockingly, a few cars including a Prius had made it here with almost bald tires! Interestingly we were now only viewing Washington State Licence Plates.
They could not go any further but we did!
35696[/ATTACH]"]

Further up the road it tuned rocky as the trails narrowed and tree branches were now hitting antenna and scraping Ryan's KJ big time.
When we finally got to the next clearing we found a this scene:
Somebody was having a good time!
35698[/ATTACH]"]

Chilliwack lake does border on the US and one of the parked Toyota 4x4 had a Washington Plates as well and a "Back country permit"
(never heard of such a thing) suddenly we realized we must have crossed the border
without even knowing it, and no welcome to the US signs or international line markers here!
35700[/ATTACH]"]

:D

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Shells12ga.jpg
    Shells12ga.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BackCountryPermit.jpg
    BackCountryPermit.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome pics you guys. Looks like a great place.

Dave

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'erb smugglers eh? Some of BC's finest green goes across there and near Christina Lake along the old KVR railbed.

Did you guys feel the eyes on you. There are plenty of UAVs patroling the skies above that area of southern BC. There's some big joint:)D) ops between the RCMP, DEA and ATF to try to curb the import/export of fun things. My bro is with the Drug Task Force in Kelowna and recently seized a nearly new Eurocopter AS355 and some other big ticket stuff in a drug raid. Fun fun.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya Ian these thoughts had crossed our mind, however since we had encountered many hikers, we preferred to "think" these were normal folks wanting to hike /camp and climb some of the local mountains.....who knows.
What we really wanted to know if these cars managed to come in from Washington state, thorough the back country roads, as we sure would like to see more of this spectacular area.
There were roads going left and right initially down the forestry road. We truely had no idea where we were, or what roads we were on.
I am sure more will follow one day from here as we obtain more information and maps of this spectacular region.
Ya a Aerospecial Helo would be nice, Can I borrow it for the weekend? Then we could really see these back country roads!:)
Would your brother have maps of these roads leading out from Chilliwack lake? Did we actually make it to Washington?
We did reach a locked and barricaded gate and bridge about 18 km in and we had to turn around and find another road.

Last edited: