Cameras?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find a camera to hook up to my laptop? Not just a pc camera, but something I could use to watch my suspension as I drove down the road. Probably would be best if it was water proof or resistant. O:)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
\:D/

AWESOME!! Officer I noticed my suspension was articulating at a steeper angle and just really didn't have my eyes on the road. And sir, it was way cool to watch!! Check it out on YouTube!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:

AWESOME!! Officer I noticed my suspension was articulating at a steeper angle and just really didn't have my eyes on the road. And sir, it was way cool to watch!! Check it out on YouTube!

Haha, thanks for the help.. 8-[ \:D/

I think it would be awesome to watch!! Even more so if you were offroad..

2003KJ

Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:

I think it's safe to say it would definitely be a first for that officer...LOL

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always loved looking at other cars suspension bouncing away when they drive - i want to see mine as well!

Very cool!

jeepjeepster - you planning to turn your kj into an automotive Terminator or what? :-k O:)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
I've always loved looking at other cars suspension bouncing away when they drive - i want to see mine as well!

Very cool!

jeepjeepster - you planning to turn your kj into an automotive Terminator or what? :-k O:)

Haha, I never stop doing things to it. This Christmas Im going to get new front springs for more lift, some air bags to help the rear with load, a pair of extra isolators for the rear springs, and some tire pressure sensors for my cragar rims.. \:D/

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
ENBr said:

Very cool!

Haha, I never stop doing things to it. This Christmas Im going to get new front springs for more lift, some air bags to help the rear with load, a pair of extra isolators for the rear springs, and some tire pressure sensors for my cragar rims.. \:D/

A very happy xmas to you then! \:D/

I'm still wondering about my light bar... :-s

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at some of the backup cameras available. They are weather resistant and some offer night mode as well. I have one in mine, but I actually use it for rear vision. You can wire it so it is always on.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sqliberty said:
Take a look at some of the backup cameras available. They are weather resistant and some offer night mode as well. I have one in mine, but I actually use it for rear vision. You can wire it so it is always on.

What kind of camera did you get? Where did you get it? What price did you pay?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
sqliberty said:

What kind of camera did you get? Where did you get it? What price did you pay?

If you going to install one of those "night vision" cameras, make sure that it isnt always on. I have one installed, and had it always on, till i realize that when it switched to night mode, it would drain my battery.

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it a a local audio shop for about $125.00 and it's wired to go on when the car is on, not 24/7.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you see audiovox backup camera+rearview mirror monitor?
and I think you can make any camera a night vision by adding IR transmitters around it or an IR gun next to it

sqliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Farenheight mirror monitor, it's pretty cool, you can put the camera view on it or any other source like DVD or Navi.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

psinsyd

Reaction score
Hey JeepJeepster,

Take a look at some of the mountain bike cameras they have out now. They have mounts for handlebars and helmets. That way you could tuck the battery away somewhere, and the cameras are usually pretty compact. One site I frequent is mtbr.com, and they have product reviews there.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online