Calling all NON-USA jeep owners. I need some help finding a part...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you call around to your Chrysler dealers, and see if any of them have part # 5062040AC in stock. It's a clutch assembly.

If they do can you take a trip over there, have them pull the part, and take a look at the stickers and the stamping on the unit. Maybe even send me some pictures.

The box can say any of the following:
K70296-01
164-11068
3089 000 063
5062040AC

The clutch will have: TYPM228 on the face of the pressure plate side, and ‘SACHS 164-11068’ on the back/flywheel side. (highlighted is the biggie.)

As a final check, measure the diameter and see if it’s 10 9/16” (probably 268mm if you’re going metric.)

*IF* that all works out, let me know and we'll figure out some way for me to buy it from them or you or whoever/however.

This is one of those things that drives me nuts, that USA people don't drive sticks enough to make finding these types of parts possible.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with your complaints. Just another discontinued part. Happens as vehicles age. If it isn’t a popular auto, third party vendors don’t bother.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
moparpartsgiant is useless.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok how the **** did you get that link? what search term(s) did you use?
I've been cruising ebay for days and that seller/auction NEVER came up.

oh and yes, I immediately bought it.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
ok how the **** did you get that link? what search term(s) did you use?
I've been cruising ebay for days and that seller/auction NEVER came up.

oh and yes, I immediately bought it.
Google searched the part number and hit the shopping tag. Linked directly to eBay from there.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I have no idea why that didn't work for me. I can't tell you the number of times I've done exactly that in every search engine I can think of. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter, and it looks like it's the right part. Again though, thank you very very very very much!

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Okay I have no idea why that didn't work for me. I can't tell you the number of times I've done exactly that in every search engine I can think of. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't matter, and it looks like it's the right part. Again though, thank you very very very very much!
I use the browser called Brave. It cuts out most of the BS so the web works the way it’s supposed to.

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I agree with Sota. I ordered from moparpartsgiant.com one time and they ran my card only for them to tell me 3 days later that the part was not in stock !

Very wary of trying them again !

Mirki

Reaction score
Can you call around to your Chrysler dealers, and see if any of them have part # 5062040AC in stock. It's a clutch assembly.

If they do can you take a trip over there, have them pull the part, and take a look at the stickers and the stamping on the unit. Maybe even send me some pictures.

K70296-01
164-11068
3089 000 063
5062040AC

The clutch will have: TYPM228 on the face of the pressure plate side, and ‘SACHS 164-11068’ on the back/flywheel side. (highlighted is the biggie.)

As a final check, measure the diameter and see if it’s 10 9/16” (probably 268mm if you’re going metric.)

*IF* that all works out, let me know and we'll figure out some way for me to buy it from them or you or whoever/however.

This is one of those things that drives me nuts, that USA people don't drive sticks enough to make finding these types of parts possible.

K70296-01
164-11068
3089 000 063
5062040AC

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to take a second and thank everyone who responded.
One showed up today, and it's at least mechanically indentical.
Now I just need to order up the other parts necessary to put it back together and hope/pray/test it to make sure it really works.

Latest posts

Members online