Bumper trimming ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips/pics from trimming a Limited bumper (2004), I think I would like to try this a try but I am scared of chipping the paint... :confused:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I installed my front towhooks I had to cut out the squaire holes in my front bumper for them so they would protrude. I used a dremel and it went through the plastic bumper like a hot knife through butter. I was surprised. There was no chipping of paint or anything. I think Tommudd has cut up bumpers. He would have more experience with that than me. I'm sure he will chime in.

Dave

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're nervous about chipping, i'd run some tape over the cut line and cut through the tape. That may help.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
Nice, thanks guy's I will have to run out and get some bits for the dermal!!!
I just was not sure if any had trimmed a painted bumper. grouphug.gif

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just be careful - I haven't done the bumper, but I've used a dremel on plastic. Don't crank it up all the way or it melts and doesn't give a clean cut. I'd recommend practicing to get the right speed and technique on a spot that will be discarded after the cut.

KJedmonton

Reaction score
I'd just be careful - I haven't done the bumper, but I've used a dremel on plastic. Don't crank it up all the way or it melts and doesn't give a clean cut. I'd recommend practicing to get the right speed and technique on a spot that will be discarded after the cut.

Hummmm, that does scare me a bit, what about something like THIS

KJedmonton

Reaction score
So what are you going to cut on an '04....?

I would like to "trim" out the fog lights, and reroute the wiring to some drive lights. I think I have seen others do that but they had the grey bumper so I was not sure about the differences...
To be honest, I want to just for looks more so than to fit a bigger tire, well at least for now...:D
I love the look of that Jeep!!!:eek:

Oh ya if anyone has a close up of pic of the cuts that would help lots as well...

Thanks

Last edited: