Bull bar on a libby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dixie

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

What do you guys think about me throwing this on my kj?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think about it? They are more for looks in my opinion. Any real impact will crush it into the front of your vehicle and you lose your front tow hooks. I like how they look though.

Dixie

Reaction score
What do you think about it? They are more for looks in my opinion. Any real impact will crush it into the front of your vehicle and you lose your front tow hooks. I like how they look though.

That's exactly what I thought, it's all for looks and possible light mounting

Dixie

Reaction score
I have grille guard. Im taking it off and getting arb instead. Expect no protection from it.

I'm a sophomore in college, so I'm not willing to drop that kind of money until I buy another car and unfortunately my parents don't understand the jeep life.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a sophomore in college, so I'm not willing to drop that kind of money until I buy another car and unfortunately my parents don't understand the jeep life.

If you're in college go spend the money on books, not something that is going to have little to no function.

Trust me. I did the college Jeep thing. When I graduated and started working, I lifted it. Everything I did while in school were low budget projects that I typically asked for as gifts (Birthdays, holidays).

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1. I would save your money. Only major benefit of a bull bar is being able to wrap your block heater extension cord around :p

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with above. Don't put money in that. $200-300 can be spent more wisely. Save it for a lift later if you havent done already.

Btw, ive had mine a little more than 2 yrs so far i have:
3.5 lift with jba uca, 32" tires, and countless mistake upgrades like crappy alloy rims, k&n cold air intake, and grille guard etc.

I have made a lot of mistakes and wasted over $1000! What I'm trying to say is theres no hurry. Customizing jeep can take time. Don't be so quick to get one thing and regret it. I mean it!!

Dixie

Reaction score
Yeah, my parents pay for college and books. I work, so whatever I make I can use for myself aka the jeep. I already bought a simple 2.5 lift for now until I can buy a car and turn my kj into a toy(I've had it since I was 16)

I know this may seem petty, but where I live, a high number of people drive lifted and tricked out wranglers and I just want to keep up haha

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
That thing is a waste of money , use the money to buy a better lift, since it sounds like you may of bought a spacer lift

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in college and I would have to say you can do tonnes of stuff on a low budget. Just look at my signature. I have even properly lifted my jeep for about 300 due to this amazing forum and I have done countless modifications like my current project of sound proofing the jeep for under 50. One thing that I did that is worth every penny is to install some gauges to monitor the jeep. I have a transmission temp gauge, engine temp gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltage meter, and the gauges only cost my about 120 for every thing. Just a fyi there are two temperature senders that can be switch with a toggle switch and are only displayed on one gauge. All my gauges are digital except for the oil pressure. Even my really awesome fan hack only cost me about 10 dollars. The cheapest and most worth while mods have got the be my cold air intake and the intake wrap and also add to that my almost free ported and polished throttle body. Just because you are in college does not mean that you can not have fun making your jeep the best jeep it could be.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Save your money for important things that actually help the over all ride/ and or upgrade to it that work
Things like that bull bar , CAI's, exhaust , glue on crap do nothing at all
Keep up the maintenance items, fluids changed etc and keep it running good