Budget Lift newbee question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigdadys04kj

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post so here goes, I have been driving Jeeps ever since I could drive you name it ive owned one . Last Saturday I purchased my first KJ an 04' . So far so good I really like it . Of course now that ive had it for a few days now I need to start modifying it. My question is why is there no love for spacer lifts on here? And what are the issues with them. Im looking just for street looks I honestly only go use it off road on and off 3 months a year during hunting season the rest of the year it will be my DD and tow my fishing boat to the launch. I was thinking a 2 1/2 " spacer kit with 245/75/16's would be perfect but I have yet to hear anyone say much that's good about spacer lifts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Spacer lifts are usually put on worn springs and shocks when it comes to the liberty. Since you have a 04 I can assume your springs are pretty worn. new Mopar springs cost only a little less as lifted springs so why not lift properly? On road performance will increase dramatically as well

colorado76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome,
Spacer lifts are a big waste of time and money. If your going to lift it, then just do it right from the start and you will be glad that you did. Trust us we all have been there and done that. :rockit:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my first post so here goes, I have been driving Jeeps ever since I could drive you name it ive owned one . Last Saturday I purchased my first KJ an 04' . So far so good I really like it . Of course now that ive had it for a few days now I need to start modifying it. My question is why is there no love for spacer lifts on here? And what are the issues with them. Im looking just for street looks I honestly only go use it off road on and off 3 months a year during hunting season the rest of the year it will be my DD and tow my fishing boat to the launch. I was thinking a 2 1/2 " spacer kit with 245/75/16's would be perfect but I have yet to hear anyone say much that's good about spacer lifts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As has been mentioned spacer lifts are a huge waste of money. Here is why; KJs have weak rated springs from the get go. They are rated at 310 lb and sag like Grandma . We've seen them here in my garage that at 75,000 miles were sitting over 1.75 inches lower than new stock height. So adding spacers only accelerates the issues with the springs
Check out JBA Home page, look at the OME or Ironman full kits, both are good , have had both on mine . They advertise 1.5 inches due to insurance regulations in Australia but get 2.25 out of the ironman and 2.5 out of the OME. If you want more there are a couple of ways of adding an inch pretty easy. BUT then at that point you need to move up to the JBA UCAs for better alignment and clearance issues.
If you want a full kit with in one package UCAs etc then there is the TM Econo kit and the ultimate for ride/ handling etc is the JBA adjustable coilover kits
Just ask if you have more questions, lots of people are lifted on here the right way and a lot of us have a lot of years experience on the KJs ( have had mine since 9/04 / 213,000 miles and all but 20,000 were lifted )
The above are the best ways out there, others available but not nearly as good

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online