Budget Billet Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks great either way.

to those who plan to do
Cutting them was pain in the neck.. I used scissors, but very sharp boxcutters will also work.

Since these come in circle, you should think about straightening them first.. or they bent at the ends (especially if you go with longer way).

as for my new pix, damn, my front end looks great without plate! I hate ny dmv for requiring front plates.... ](*,)

one last tip, if you are handy, consider removing the grill & billet first, it is only held by few screws I think.. That way it is easy to push them, otherwise they sway. could put it on the floor and apply`

blue gascon

Reaction score
I had to try this out - but I wasn't too interested in doing the grill in chrome- it just wouldn't look right. Here it is before....

You must be registered for see images

But then I found out that the molding is available in GOLD! That's a perfect compliment to the Dark Garnet Red Pearlcote. I got a roll of this stuff from my local NAPA.. Here it is with it's new gold teeth!

You must be registered for see images

I really like the look. One of my friends has taken to calling the KJ the "Presidential Edition", just to bust my stones. Jealousy is a terrible trait....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it is my lcd but that doesn't look like gold in the pic you took.
Nevertheless looks good :)

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding those strips to the grill since I bought my KJ. Looking at all the pics is pushing me towards getting it done.

Looks great.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid a bit over $18 to two strips (one wasn't enough)
and the other day I found on ebay someone is selling premade hard-plastic covers that are in size of grille just slip on for about $10 plus shipping.. :-s
before you make up your mind, check them on e-bay, they might be cheaper and easier to apply.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good Huseyin.. It amazes me how nice that black looks. When was the last time you waxed/detailed it? Looks like you take care of it! \:D/

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
When was the last time you waxed/detailed it? Looks like you take care of it! \:D/

never 8-[ I never got it waxed or detailed professionally

It looks good when it is clean and when there is no direct sunlight, plus I take care of it. I used to have washcloths, the "bucketless wash" and used them time to time whenever it wasn't that dirty. But the front bumper & flares have a weird thin film on them that looks odd & matte.. anyway I wish mine looked as good as yours.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin i was looking at some of your pics, and it looks like you went to the wesbury jeep dealer. Is that where you bought your jeep? I got mine from there in Feb 05... sorry to go off topic here guys.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renegade Flex said:
Hyedipin i was looking at some of your pics, and it looks like you went to the wesbury jeep dealer. Is that where you bought your jeep? I got mine from there in Feb 05... sorry to go off topic here guys.

Hi, no I go there for service now. Since they work on Saturdays and also weekdays until midnight.
I got my jeep at Manhattan Jeep..

next time you take it in for svc, if you bring it here, let me know we can stop by and chat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.