broken rear glass wiper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
Damn the car wash! the auto brushes lifted up my rear wiper arm and now it doesn't work. it goes up about half way and then just falls back down. i can move it without much resistance at all. any ideas on how to take it apart? has anyone had to fix/replace a rear wiper before?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
i have an 02 tail gate with a working wiper motor,figure out if it fits maybe we can deal.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try lifting the wiper up off the glass, and cycle the wiper motor a couple of times to see it it will reset to normal stop. It may have stripped the gears?
Sorry I can't be more help.

X2... Try that, and otherwise it f'ed up the motors gear case and your going to have to replace it.

Ridenby - Shouldn't they be the same? I looked on Rock Auto and it said the rear wiper motor was the same part number from 02-07 so it might be.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
X2... Try that, and otherwise it f'ed up the motors gear case and your going to have to replace it.

Ridenby - Shouldn't they be the same? I looked on Rock Auto and it said the rear wiper motor was the same part number from 02-07 so it might be.

Never checked,changed out tailgates and have parts.

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
FIXED! i went to remove the wiper arm to start disasembling everything and the nut holding it on was really loose. all I had to do was tighten it down and it worked fine! it's just pressure that holds the arm tight to the shaft. two second fix!

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had the same thing happen to me...you could hear the motor run, but the arm wouldn't work properly. after popping off the cap, i noticed the nut was loose. tightened it, and started working fine.

spta97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FIXED! i went to remove the wiper arm to start disasembling everything and the nut holding it on was really loose. all I had to do was tighten it down and it worked fine! it's just pressure that holds the arm tight to the shaft. two second fix!

Old thread but wanted to say thanks as this saved me on my gf's liberty. I was cleaning snow and ice off if it and moved the arm and it wouldn't work.

Some quick tightening with a 13 mm wrench and I was all set.

I had to do it pretty tight but didn't want to strip it. Anyone know what the torque rating for the bolt that holds on the rear wiper arm?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Old thread but wanted to say thanks as this saved me on my gf's liberty. I was cleaning snow and ice off if it and moved the arm and it wouldn't work.

Some quick tightening with a 13 mm wrench and I was all set.

I had to do it pretty tight but didn't want to strip it. Anyone know what the torque rating for the bolt that holds on the rear wiper arm?

Should be 5 Nm 43 in. lbs. according to the 2005 Service manual.:shrug: