Broke into my Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They broke in to my Jeep last night and tried to steal it. They took a screwdriver and slid under the handle on the driver side door near the lock and popped open the door. The police told me that this works with all Chryslers, with the same kind of handles we have. They broke out my ignition out of the steering column. Well for some reason they could not get the Jeep started. They had it in reverse, but did not get away with it.
So something might have scared them away

Can you believe this crap

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****! Man sorry to hear that, but glad they got spooked and didn't get away with your ride. Sounds as if the damage is minimal compared to what it could have been.

It's times like this I am glad I have full coverage.

2003KJ

Reaction score
damn dude tht bites! Atleast they didn't get away with it......any estimates yet on damage costs?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Sorry to hear about that... I hope they didn't do too much damage, but it sounds like they did enough. Obviously they knew enough, but not enough to drive off with it. First attempt at a Liberty I guess.

Well I hope you get it fixed up real quick. Let us know...

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh that bites! I never heard that about the door handle, I've heard something similar with Chevy's. That's depressing. Scumbags, can't they just go and die!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol posted something at lost too but heck with it. What are you going to do after you get it fixed? Id say you should get some kind of alarm system. The factory one is ok if you get the motion sensor, which is only $130 for the sensor.

2003KJ

Reaction score
After reading some of the posts over on lost, i'll bet you it was just some dumb kids who wanted to go for a joyride in a cool Jeep....seeing as they didn't steal anything.

I hope they find the SOB's though!

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your incident. I'll bet the SKIS system (keys wit da chip in dem) stopped em cold!!!!!

If it's any consolation, someone hit my pristine Jeep & took off while it was parked in front of my house. I'd give my left nut to find out who the chicken s**t loser who did it is.

2003KJ

Reaction score
CHUD said:
Sorry to hear about your incident. I'll bet the SKIS system (keys wit da chip in dem) stopped em cold!!!!!

If it's any consolation, someone hit my pristine Jeep & took off while it was parked in front of my house. I'd give my left nut to find out who the chicken s**t loser who did it is.

the KJ or the WJ? What did they do to it?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's the Sentry Key. They probably did start it... but it shut off about less than 2 seconds afterwards. Once it shuts off, it will only crank, and crank and crank... They didn't have time to go anywhere.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
CHUD said:

the KJ or the WJ? What did they do to it?

The KJ.

Some brainiac must have been backing up & brushed the passenger side. I found the pass. side mirror folded back. back side of the front fender flare is scraped up 4" wide but just superficial paint damage. The front door @ the molding near the Liberty badging was scraped & pushed in a touch. Nothing major, just an eyesore. It can actually pass as trail damage, if there were any trails where I reside. I'm going to try & rub it out when the weather improves.

I'm driving from NYC to Miami in a month & I'm excited. This will be my first long trip in the KJ.

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics

You must be registered for see images

The mess they left behind

You can see under the handle near the door lock where they used the screwdriver to open the door. There is a little bit of a dent

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
lol posted something at lost too but heck with it. What are you going to do after you get it fixed? Id say you should get some kind of alarm system. The factory one is ok if you get the motion sensor, which is only $130 for the sensor.

Yes I'm going to get an alarm when I get it back

Renegade363

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
It's the Sentry Key. They probably did start it... but it shut off about less than 2 seconds afterwards. Once it shuts off, it will only crank, and crank and crank... They didn't have time to go anywhere.

I'm glad that the Jeep had that built in

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Renegade363 said:
Marlon_JBT said:

I'm glad that the Jeep had that built in

Last week I bought an extra key for each of my Jeeps, and it was easy to program. I did try out a key before I programed it... and the engine shuts off within a couple of seconds! Very nice! I bet that was it... Stupid little (censored)!

2003KJ

Reaction score
Here's my question, and call it stupid if you wish....but is the Sentry system standard on ALL KJ's, or just the ones with the alarm system?

For example I don't have the facroty alarm...just the keyless remote entry with the panic button....so i'm assuming I DON'T have the Sentry system?

Looks like they busted up the ignition pretty good....bummer, and I agree, stupid little (censored)!!!

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Here's my question, and call it stupid if you wish....but is the Sentry system standard on ALL KJ's, or just the ones with the alarm system?

For example I don't have the facroty alarm...just the keyless remote entry with the panic button....so i'm assuming I DON'T have the Sentry system?
I didnt get the factory alarm, but my limited came with the Sentry system. I think you can tell by looking at the type of key you have.

Latest posts

Members online