Brakes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
recommendations?
going to replace them...
probably will get satisfied pro brakes, but just want to see what everyone elses opinions are

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Bendix - Awesome stuff. I put satisfied on another car and I'm so sure about them yet, but they work.

rockinkj

Reaction score
I like the "Carbon Metallic" brand for pads Used them on a '02 Libby, and before that on a '88 S10 Blazer, and a Chev 1ton. They wear like iron, and also cause very little wear on the rotors. Excellent high temp performance too. I'll never use another brand again.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i heard about the Carbon Metallic is they tend to heat up and warp the rotor, there bad to warp anyway. I really want to get those b/c everyone says they brake really good and I tow but i dont want to get new rotors at $100 a piece (power slot).

rockinkj

Reaction score
Never heard about the rotor warping problem with CM, and I can't figure out why the rotor should get any hotter with one pad over another, given the same amount of braking effort. In any case, the 1ton Chev was my motorhome with CM pads on all four, loaded to GCVW and then some. Never had a rotor problem, and since I'm a west coast dweller I used (abused) the brakes plenty hard sometimes.