Brake pads, calipers etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Hey guys. I want to get new brakes. I’m in Canada. Just did all around control arms change. Cv shafts. Shop told me I need new brakes. This is number one thing that needs to be in good working order. I need some advise. I have a 03 Jeep Liberty Limited. Suggestions? Comment below.

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you doing yourself -- or having the shop doing them?

If you are doing yourself, I picked up a power stop front and back brake pack from Rockauto a couple of years ago and could not be happier about the performance. If your calipers are not hung up not sure why you would need to replace? Just inspect, grease up the sliders and only replace if the piston boot is torn.

You will likely need rear drum parking brake shoes. They are likely toast.

If you are paying for them, yes mechanics want to replace nearly everything. Its not just about profit, if they do not for example replace a caliper then a problem develops, customers are mad, so it is easier to swap it all out -- and its expensive.

Brakes are easy DIY but it helps to have someone who knows what they are doing help you the first time.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I agree brakes are easy. I have nothing bad to say about the Powerstop brand. Have proven to be reliable and affordable, however I don’t do any heavy towing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I tow a lot , have 3 different trailers
I use Wagner rotors and disc brake pads , their best line and no issues
The ones on the 03 now have over 85,000 miles and still not half worn down
And I drive hilly , curvy , crooked roads daily (over 90 miles daily )
Not hard just take your time
Early "in my childhood" I did nothing but brakes and alignments for over 7 years and yes we changed everything usually

liron sasson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a lot , have 3 different trailers
I use Wagner rotors and disc brake pads , their best line and no issues
The ones on the 03 now have over 85,000 miles and still not half worn down
And I drive hilly , curvy , crooked roads daily (over 90 miles daily )
Not hard just take your time
Early "in my childhood" I did nothing but brakes and alignments for over 7 years and yes we changed everything usually
hi tom its

Wagner ThermoQuiet QC856A​

Wagner ThermoQuiet QC981​

?