Bosch o2 Sensors? P2098

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitejeep05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was getting a code specifying the downstream sensor on bank 2 was bad so I bought a bosch sensor at the auto part store to replace it. I swapped it out, cleared the code, and everything looked good for a week. Well my CEL came back on but this time with a different code: P2098 which means a lean condition as read by the downstream sensor on bank 2 (the one i replaced)...

I read several people complaining about bosch sensors, but others saying it was fine. Could this p2098 be caused by this sensor? I'm kicking myself a little for ignoring the people who said they were a problem...

Any feedback would be great...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
sometimes things are suggested for the right reasons...........:gr_grin::icon_razz::icon_razz:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The KJ will work well with the NTK's.
59917[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Bosch..:thumbsdown:

Attachments

• 7qH4tlf.jpg
    7qH4tlf.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 2

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bosch might be fine for a VW .... but OE is best here. And sometimes the same price or less.

Heck, I worked at the auto parts store at the time, and a Bosch O2 didn't work real well in my Ford either. They are very finicky about what cars they perform well in.

whitejeep05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^
sometimes things are suggested for the right reasons...........:gr_grin::icon_razz::icon_razz:

There were several people saying they didn't have any problems, and it was what my local store had in hand, so I thought it was worth a shot. Turns out i was wrong... should have listened oh well

whitejeep05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that *****, I swapped to an NTK sensor and I have the same issue UGH

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question. Is the sensor for bank 1 and bank 2 the same for the upper and the same for the lower?
I'm getting mixed feedback and about a $30 difference in price.
For example the uppers are different part numbers for NTK and vary by $30 / other brands say will work left or right side upper

Mason Methot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's all about luck? Like a few others, I've bought 2 Bosch sensors and my Jeep doesn't care. It hasn't had a problem yet and performs as it should. I guess I got a good batch of o2 sensors? Lol.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question. Is the sensor for bank 1 and bank 2 the same for the upper and the same for the lower?
I'm getting mixed feedback and about a $30 difference in price.
For example the uppers are different part numbers for NTK and vary by $30 / other brands say will work left or right side upper

I bought the 4 different NTKs from Rockauto when I needed to do mine. I think they were all different wire lengths. I thought the upstream and downstream connectors may have been different.

Edit: This is for the 02. I see for my 05 the upstreams are the same PN and the downstreams are the same PN.

BTW Bosch didn't work for me in the KJ either but were recommended and worked fine for my old Pontiac GrandAm. I think it has something to do with response time and how that relays to the computer.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the 4 different NTKs from Rockauto when I needed to do mine. I think they were all different wire lengths. I thought the upstream and downstream connectors may have been different.

Edit: This is for the 02. I see for my 05 the upstreams are the same PN and the downstreams are the same PN.

BTW Bosch didn't work for me in the KJ either but were recommended and worked fine for my old Pontiac GrandAm. I think it has something to do with response time and how that relays to the computer.

Thanks you And yes I have an 02, and I'm also going to order from rock auto.
My GMs prefer denso as the Bosch are slower and makes for a tuning nightmare and ses lights.
Cool. I'm gonna order those 2 uppers then.

Royy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ seems to have somehow adjusted to the high altitude and lower oxygen levels over here.
Whenever I drive out of state, and drop a couple thousand feet in elevation, P2098 pops up. As soon as I get back home, it disappears by itself :roflsquared:

LostChord

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, partsgeek.com lists the same NTK part number (17925-01110375) for both upstream and downstream.

However, rockauto.com has different NTK part numbers for upstream (23160) and downstream (23159).

Last edited:

Cmf333

Reaction score
For what it's worth, partsgeek.com lists the same NTK part number (17925-01110375) for both upstream and downstream.

However, rockauto.com has different NTK part numbers for upstream (23160) and downstream (23159).
Lol that's exactly what I mean, the conflicting info had been throwing me off