Bolt Sizes for lower clevis and sway end link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx597turbo

Reaction score
I'm going to do my front suspension, and these two bolts are most likely going to need to be cut off. Even if I do manage to get them loose, they won't be usable again.

Does anyone know the size and length of the clevis to lca bolt, and the sway bar end link bolt? I would like to avoid getting them from the dealer at $8+ per bolt. Thanks.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do my front suspension, and these two bolts are most likely going to need to be cut off. Even if I do manage to get them loose, they won't be usable again.

Does anyone know the size and length of the clevis to lca bolt, and the sway bar end link bolt? I would like to avoid getting them from the dealer at $8+ per bolt. Thanks.

PB blaster and a breaker bar with a cheater pipe. You should be able to get them as long as they aren't rounded

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Those bolts can be a real PITA.. I had a hard problem on my passenger side when replacing the clevis. I did it by hand and tried using one of those electric inpact wrenches but it was a cheaper one that just didn't work. The drivers side I shot with some PB Blaster several times the day before I got to it and decided to take it to a friends to use his air tools. That side was a piece of cake with the air though.

If you have access to either a good quality electric impact or some good air tools, that with some PB Blaster will make short easy work of those rusted out bolts.

Also if those little silver clips bust off, Which they love to do, that will make it a bit more of a pain in the ass as well.

mattw

Reaction score
Big breaker bar and 250 pounds of body pulling and they came off no issue....

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
What Grade are those clevis & end link bolts?
I would want to ensure they are the same grade as a dealer bolt.

Latest posts

Members online