Blacking out Badges & Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to blackout my badges and possibly my wheels If in the mood to deal with removing wheels.
Just have not decided on wether to matte black the badges or use a textured spray on bedliner style.
The wheels I am thinking matte black. I am also considering doing the area below the rubber trim on the sides with some kind of bedliner material as well as the fender flares, just not sure if it would look good

Any thoughts or opinons? opps I asked for it now I am sure:pp:

Whoops, I meant to post this in the 08 to present general discussion area sorry:sorry: :emotions122::smokin:

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used cans of bedliner from advanced autoparts. painted the front/back bumpers, painted the bottom of my doors (from the flat line below the Liberty decal, all the way to the bottom of the body, including over the plastic liner thing on the doors) painted my grill, and painted the hood (i dont have the flat hood so i painted the 3 low spots{both sides and the strip in the middle} left the 2 high points in the middle tan). all of it is bed liner and it works amazing. for my rims i used plasti dip

samlesher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used cans of bedliner from advanced autoparts. painted the front/back bumpers, painted the bottom of my doors (from the flat line below the Liberty decal, all the way to the bottom of the body, including over the plastic liner thing on the doors) painted my grill, and painted the hood (i dont have the flat hood so i painted the 3 low spots{both sides and the strip in the middle} left the 2 high points in the middle tan). all of it is bed liner and it works amazing. for my rims i used plasti dip

Can you post some photos of your rig?

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastidip works nice. Just make sure you scuff the surface,clean well and let it dry really good before you peel your tape back. Maybe lightly scribe the edges to be sure. First try on mine it peeled the edges up.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plastidip works nice. Just make sure you scuff the surface,clean well and let it dry really good before you peel your tape back. Maybe lightly scribe the edges to be sure. First try on mine it peeled the edges up.

I read from a couple guys that plasti dip is'nt tough enough if gone aginst rocks and such. thats why I want to spray on bedliner for protection

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score

show us some pics?

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I used spray on bedliner for my badges I have not got a pick of the finished back end yet will post one soon. I have not painted in a long time and got impatient :emotions122:as you can see I pulled the masking off to early and have to do a little touch up

but I like the look and it got real colse to what I was hopimg for. I think I am going to do the grill, frnt bumper, rear bumper, and lower sidesof door panels and wheel flares.

Attachments

• Photo070.jpg
    Photo070.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 28
  • Photo071.jpg
    Photo071.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 28

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are ther rear badges still need to touch up the 4x4 badge a little

Attachments