Black Libby / Silver Rock Rails - whaddya think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keswick......how hard were they to put on? Someone must have helped you hold them up so you could mark the holes for drilling?

Dave

Dave,

I had the local dealer put them on, they charged me 1.3 hours plus the guy I got them from didn't have the nutzerts or 4 brackets which i had to order too.

No drilling as far as I know, as others have said. I don't think they'd be that hard to do yourself though, with an extra pair of hands... I have to stop paying other people to put stuff on, it's killing me ;-)

As for how they hold up, I guess we'll see...

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine will crush rocks. I can also use a Hi-Jack on them to lift the side of the Jeep if needed offroad or to change a tire. I can jack up the side of my Jeep like a Nascar car..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine will crush rocks. I can also use a Hi-Jack on them to lift the side of the Jeep if needed offroad or to change a tire. I can jack up the side of my Jeep like a Nascar car..

Sounds good....so if you put rock rails on then you have to add a hi-lift jack to your "stuff list" to get.............

Dave

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you get them as a "Freebie"?

A local guy on LOST just wanted them out of his garage, no charge. They were missing a few brackets and hardware which I had to purchase. Between extra hardware and installation I probably paid close to what they were worth new...

Dave

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking, functional KJ. I would chose function over bling any day but even more so on a Jeep.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good looking, functional KJ. I would chose function over bling any day but even more so on a Jeep.

I agree. More function and less bling is good on a Jeep.

Dave

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you're much better off not painting those...they'll look terrable once you do and bang them up a bit and the paint is chipping...the way they are is best.