Black Cragars, What about the Black Wheel Caps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Khaki Renegade.

You must be registered for see images

Over the years, I have added black accessories. The last being Cragars Black Ds. Thanks to the other post, I know where to get black lug nuts. But where do I get black wheel caps?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Khaki Renegade.

Over the years, I have added black accessories. The last being Cragars Black Ds. Thanks to the other post, I know where to get black lug nuts. But where do I get black wheel caps?

Where do you get the black lugnuts? I never really thought about the change but now I wouldn't mind blacking out the whole wheel. As for the center caps, I tried searching for those in the past and gave up. I was thinking of spraying them? Maybe a teflon or something that would remove the risk of totally coming off/rusting??

*EDIT*
What about something like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

Ebay Link

This guy put it on his Cragars and painted them:

It will fit on the Cragars 16" wheel (or any 16" for the matter). Probably could spray this entirely black?

Last edited:

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do you get the black lugnuts? I never really thought about the change but now I wouldn't mind blacking out the whole wheel. As for the center caps, I tried searching for those in the past and gave up. I was thinking of spraying them? Maybe a teflon or something that would remove the risk of totally coming off/rusting??
Rock Ratz

I've been touch with them. They also have black caps that would fit the Cragars Black D's

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. . . .
*EDIT*
What about something like this?

Ebay Link

This guy put it on his Cragars and painted them:

It will fit on the Cragars 16" wheel (or any 16" for the matter). Probably could spray this entirely black?
While painting plastic has gotten better, I still don't think it would last long on a wheel that will go where no wheel should go.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
;)

I agree that spraying the plastic black would probably just be another addition to the maintenance list.

Maybe not if you use the right paint because I think they make spray paint for plastic so that it will stay on better.

I really like those center caps painted black on the cragers in the pic.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would also swap or paint the renegade flare screws, whatever they are.
And please get rid of the amber turn signals. Otherwise those wheels look awesome.

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe not if you use the right paint because I think they make spray paint for plastic so that it will stay on better.

I really like those center caps painted black on the cragers in the pic.

Dave
Painting plastic with the newer plastic painting design paints for an item that going sit around would probably work, but I got a strong suspicions that a wheel cap going thru mud and snow wont fair so well.

I would pick 'em up but there are only THREE on eBay.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
And please get rid of the amber turn signals. Otherwise those wheels look awesome.

Hyed, you have a good eye......black renne flare screws and clear corners. That would look awesome along with black center caps.........you listening, Dru?

Dave

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean those fender bolts? Yeah, I was thinking of seeing if the came in black.

And I've ordered the black center caps, lug nuts & lug locks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First you can not get black fender bolts, have to make some yourself, if you get rid of them I NEED THEM hint hint,
the Jeep center caps are easy to do but you have to drill through your wheel as they mount with bolts/screws from behind, so if you are not afraid to drill your wheels not a big deal
turn signals just paint them with Nite Shades and be done don't have to spend the big bucks on aftermarket junk that leaks water in