Bizarre electrical problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShannonW

Reaction score
Hi, I purchased a 2010 Jeep liberty renegade. When I purchased they said the turn signal assembly needed to be replaced. It took him a bit to get the part but once he replaced it everything was fine for about 24 hours. Currently the turn signal works randomly, sometimes when I use it it will stay on other times it won’t even turn on. I have lost the function of all the radio buttons on the back of the steering wheel. The navigation button and the The menu button work randomly. Often when I hit bumps in the road the lights will dim on the dash and then come back on. Also when I hit bumps in the road my windshield wipers will go off sometimes they will turn off on their own and other times I have to wiggle the control assembly to get them to stop. I’m trying to figure out what could be causing this and I’m really running into a wall. I’m not sure if it’s a short in the steering wheel or if something else could be going on. Any ideas would be appreciated I’m taking it back to the dealership tomorrow and I’m not sure that they’re going to know what to do to fix it correctly. It is a used car dealership.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Shannon.
Did they order a Mopar turn signal stalk, or is it an aftermarket part they installed?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a short somewhere or a loose ground around the Steering Column.

The Radio Button problems could be a bad Clock-spring.

The Wiring Diagrams I have for the KKs are pretty basic and show that the KK uses a lot of Serial Busses all over the place that end up in the TIPM (Totally Intergrated Power Module) under the Hood. This has the fuses and most of the Logics. These Serial Busses can be problematic.:(

I will go through what I have and look for some inspiration but generally all electrical faults seem to end up inside this TIPM;)

Last edited:

ShannonW

Reaction score
They found a loose wire and so far so good. But they somehow managed to de-program the key fob…. Any fixes on that?