Big storm for Northeast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marduksenforcer

Reaction score
Latest update I got here in Nh from NOAA on the scanner is 28 - 34"

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so probably no fun for me.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well offshore VA...no snow, but 11+ footers, 40+ mph winds. I'm amazed we still have satellite signal. It *****.

Which ship you on or can you say? Send some snow my way. My Jeep hasn't got to play in the white stuff since I put the duratracs on.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one else have a job which requires you to be present during any big weather? Or am i the only shmuck working tonight? I had 48 hours straight during sandy, should be done by sunrise though. Then to the woods!

Fortunately, my job sends us home if the state closes the roads, which happened this afternoon. (I put in my notice last week, so not like I would stay anyway) My dad used to work for Northeast Utilities and have to go out on storm duty...He would basically drive around during storms and look for downed power lines.

Latest update I got here in Nh from NOAA on the scanner is 28 - 34"

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow so probably no fun for me.

Sounds about right. I was just outside and we have about 22" now..and it's coming down hard. Last I heard it's not going to be letting up until 8am tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images

It's really hard to take pics because of all the snow/wind...but that's my lifted KJ....snow up to the doors already

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly enough. I do, nj. If cable lines go down or poles are hit I have to be out replacing them. Because everybody knows television is a first world priority.

At least im not the only one. Just got in and the roads are B.E.A.UTIFULL! haha hasnt been touched by plow or otherwise. Screw 4x4 stayed sideways as much as possible, could of used one of those driver window wipers like they have on those ice racers lol.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one else have a job which requires you to be present during any big weather? Or am i the only shmuck working tonight? I had 48 hours straight during sandy, should be done by sunrise though. Then to the woods!

Sunrise turned to 10am really really fast lol im like a zombie right now so the woods will have to wait till tomorrow

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
27 just south of Boston,

just got my power back since 2230 Friday. no electricity and no heat. last night it was 19 outside and 21 inside......

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
27 just south of Boston,

just got my power back since 2230 Friday. no electricity and no heat. last night it was 19 outside and 21 inside......

Are you down near Quincy? I have friends down there who said the entire town lost power. My brother on the cape still has no power. We got hammered with like 30" of snow, spent all day yesterday, and this morning trying to get the driveway cleared...but at least we didn't lose power here.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So apparently my neighbor across the street it mentally challenged...
His driveway is completely unplowed...we got about 30" of snow...and it has drifted to easily 48"+ in many areas. He tries to pull into his driveway in an older stock Grand Cherokee. Needless to say, it did not go well for him. He pulls into the driveway and is stuck immediately...floors it and is doing nothing but spinning tires...He finally breaks free and makes it maybe 40' down his driveway....which is far less than halfway. Starts to turn sideways so he continues to floor it and spin. Dug himself in so deep he can't move at all. Forces the door open and the snow is about halfway up the guys thigh...so he trudged through the snow to his house and gave up...

My other neighbor came buy with his huge john deere tractor/snow blower and started clearing out behind him so he can at least try to back up...and now there's a wrangler over there trying to get him out...it's been very entertaining to watch. (popcorn)

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you down near Quincy? I have friends down there who said the entire town lost power. My brother on the cape still has no power. We got hammered with like 30" of snow, spent all day yesterday, and this morning trying to get the driveway cleared...but at least we didn't lose power here.

yep i'm in Quincy, very cold. the whole city went out because of a blown transformer and backup transformer on friday night.

I saw CT got hit good. I think near new haven was really bad if i'm not mistaken

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe you have satellite in general. It *****.

Not much choice, that's what the ship has (besides, what else would it have?)

Yup, Coast Guard, we were on stand by for Sandy.

Which ship you on or can you say? Send some snow my way. My Jeep hasn't got to play in the white stuff since I put the duratracs on.

Diligence.

mightybeet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lot of streets not plowed in west haven. at least 30". my usual parking spot in front my house is a wall of snow. am gonna invest in some good tires soon. gt radial savero ht2 are okay for everything but snow. got stuck making my own parking spot.

drove from gfs house in west hartford to west haven this morning and saw several buried cars. took a friend to jfk airport. highways west of stratford are pretty clean. new york looks like it "dusting" compared to ct.

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh okay. I hung out with a guy in the Coast Guard back on New Year´s eve. I heard lots of good sea stories from him.