(BFG AT TA-KO) vs (Bridgestone Dueller AT REVO)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indynewfie

Reaction score
I have an 04 Renegade with a 3" lift. Have thus far been running BFGs 235/70R/16 (bought them before the lift, and yes they look tiny now).

These tires have performed great for me and are now at the 20,000 mile mark. HOWEVER:
- experiencing uneven tire wear (excessive cupping) on the front tires (to the point that 2 dealers said it's next to impossible to align correctly), .... but alignment really not that bad, hardly noticeable drift.
- fair bit of road noise

Aside from these 2 factors I'm quite happy with the tires; great traction in dry, wet, snowy, muddy, and gravel conditions. A couple of sources told me that generally Liberties cause a little more than average cupping up front, don't if that's true but thought I would mention it.

Of course now with the lift I'm looking to go bigger. I'm pretty sure I can move up to a 265/75R/16 or 235/85R/16 (maybe some minor fender trimming required) ... going from 29.1" diameter to 31.8" or 32.1".

MY QUESTION is this. After reading peoples opinions on this forum and Tirerack's surveys I am torn between the TA-KOs and the REVOs. Anyone out there have experience with both... or even what are peoples general opinions on this comparison?

I would appreciate any input.
(Keep in mind. Bi-weekly offroading, Minnesota winters, highway commutes)

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Don't know much about the REVO's... but the BFG AT-KO's are EXCELLENT tires. They have good traction in everything but thick mud (where they get gummed up quickly), wear like iron (most everyone I know gets well over 50K miles out of them), and are very quiet riding for such a heavy-duty tire. Best of all, they have a "lip" around the rim that helps protect the rim from getting damaged when off-roading. Big thumbs up to that feature. Personally, I like their MT's better than the AT's, but that's strictly because of the performance in thick Mud that they offer.

Luis

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands-down for the A/T REVO's....had them in LT285/75R16 on my 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 Quad Cab CTD 4x4...had them on the wife's '02 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4, and immediately yanked off the Goodyear Wrangler ST's on the '05 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 CRD. The REVO's are especially quiet, given the tread design, and the wet weather traction is tops. Snow traction is wonderful.
Greg

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Boaz

Reaction score
Revos, Hands down. Much quieter than the BFG's, and have a pretty stiff sidewall for a P rated tire.

They offroad nicely. No complaints here!

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put BFG AT KOs on all my vehicles, that use AT tires that is \:D/ They have great traction, last a long time and look great. They are however, just a bit noisey.

Tightwadsjeeper

Reaction score
Yeah... but if (like me) you tend to occasionally run those tires over things you shouldn't... it's GREAT to have the built in "rim protector - lip" that the BFG's have. Can you say "never damaged rims"?

Luis

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightwadsjeeper said:
Yeah... but if (like me) you tend to occasionally run those tires over things you shouldn't... it's GREAT to have the built in "rim protector - lip" that the BFG's have. Can you say "never damaged rims"?

Luis

that is a good point, I hadn't even thought to mention that. #-o

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
I'm still on my OEM Goodyears HP's on the Liberty, and will probably get a set of 245-65/17 Firestone Destination A/T's to accompany my 2.25" lift pretty soon.

However, last fall on my 1982 Wagoneer I went directly from a fairly new set of BFGoodrich A/T KO's to Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's, size 31x10.50x15, and the difference was just amazing. The Bridgestones were superior in every way, certainly quieter, gave better traction on the twisty roads near my home, and just friggin' incredible in snow.

And I don't mind bragging a bit: You p*ssies know nothing about snow!

I only made that swap because a friend of mine really wanted the BFG's, and I really wanted to try a set of Revo's. Plus, I was able to go to Bridgestone's website and find a coupon (can't seem to find the link now, though), and when I took that to a Firestone Tire Service Center in Parker, Colorado, they beat even that price.

I'd buy another set of Revo's in a heartbeat, but I hear and read that the Destinations are great. Plus I went to Firestone High School in Akron, Ohio, and think it's kind of cool to get those tires.

FSJ Ralph

Reaction score
IndyNewfie, BTW, I have a Newfoundland female who earned her WD at 6 months and her WRD at 18 months, the latter at Eagle Creek Park outside Indianapolis.

Reference Newftide Magazine:
4th Quarter 1998, p. 30;
4th Quarter 2000, p. 27.

Just love this breed and have been talking with Margaret Willmott (Topmast) about a puppy. Every time I have enough cash, however, she doesn't have a ready litter; conversely, when she has a puppy available, I'm broke. Been going around like this for almost a year.