Best Skid Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ2005

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a re post. What's the best brand of skid plates? Can you post the company names if not the links? If you really got time to burn let me know why your pics are the best choice.

I took my Jeep out for the first time (got it last week) off road and it hit hard rock on the front diff. Luckily just a scratch on a easy trail but I don't want to wanna take chances.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have OEM Mopar Skids that I'm happy with.

I took a very hard hit on the engine skid a few weeks ago in Utah, which put two large dents in it. The skid did it's job and nothing was damaged. As for the other three skids, they're holding up well too. I just returned from a trip to Ouray, CO. I took numerous hits on the bottom of the KJ, and again no damage.

If I remember correctly, I paid $262.00 for all four Mopar skids which I ordered from the dealer.

KJ2005

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the replys, I like the skid rows plates but might go the cheap route with the mopar accessories. The front plate is what I need the most since I took my jeep on the trail skid and alanded on the bottom of the front diff a few times.

I'm assuming the Mopar skid plates included the harware to mount them and used stock holes in the frame since the plates are factory installed on renegade models?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the factory skids come with the bolts and nutzerts.

I have also hit the front skid and it held up. The ****** skid is long and looks like it would bend up more easily and possibly hit the ****** pan?? I was thinking of just replacing just that one with a heavier duty one and leaving the other OEM ones on.

Dave

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the entire Mopar set for the price of one skid from anyone else.
My have held up just fine, but I don't have much rockcrawling where I live.

jerbacher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the only mopar skid that is really a problem is the ****** skid. The rest are very stout. the ****** skid is just too long for its strength; there ends up being too much leverage on the mounting points for the thickness of steel.

i have it, and both times ive gone wheeling in the rock of KY I have ended up with it rattling against my exhaust afterward, due to it being bent upwards. I was careful not to hit it hard both times, mostly just sliding on it. still it gets displaced.

Latest posts

Members online