Best. MPG. Ever.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
for the conditions at least...

As many of you know, I'm in Memphis, TN. I drove the Jeep down here... here's the results...

Passengers = 3 (Me, mom, sister)

Cargo area full to the top. Jeep noticeably sagging in the rear from the weight inside. Engine working hard.

Filled up before we left. Then filled up again. I was scared to look at the EVIC by the time we got somewhere in the middle of Kentucky.... we filled up at 1/4 tank. 26.5MPG... and this was the miles to empty after leaving the gas station!

You must be registered for see images attach

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woot woot!

Did you come down I-75?! If you did then you got within one mile of me!! I wish I knew you were coming down and I could of waved at you!

When will you be coming back up? Im heading home tomorrow after my final..

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so while all these people complain of horrible gas mileage,l how did you get so good with a loaded down kj?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
so while all these people complain of horrible gas mileage,l how did you get so good with a loaded down kj?

diesel...

oh, and no tailwind but yes I was going up and downhill.

Anyway, yes I did come down I-75, and will be taking that way back up.

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am gonna beat you, you will see.. (maybe not) but that'll cost me resetting my EVIC..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exit 87 is where I live marlon. Good ol Richmond. You will get to exit 49 before 87 coming back up and thats where all the lost member come to offroad when we have the lost runs. its called Livingston. Wish I would of known you were coming down!!!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon, that sounds pretty good for that loaded down "oil burner" of yours. I don't think any gasoline KJ would get near that with the load you described.

Safe trip.

Dave

ps...don't forget the Elvis pic's....

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, its in Kentucky. Im about 3-3.5hours from Knoxville. Idk about marlon.

I filled up today and at 20mpg, it said I had 350miles to empty. Ive never gotten that much, maybe 300 to a tank.. I would get that many if it actually let me use all the gas before saying it was empty.. Stupid gauge makes me all nervous.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well I averaged about the same on the way back with a way lighter load (sis rode with uncle) but I was going about 80-90 this time around. lol3.gif

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I filled up today and at 20mpg, it said I had 350miles to empty. Ive never gotten that much, maybe 300 to a tank.. I would get that many if it actually let me use all the gas before saying it was empty.. Stupid gauge makes me all nervous.

I am typically seeing about 330-340 miles or so before the gas light comes on. I don't have an EVIC (yet), so I have to do it all the old fashioned way.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well at least no Liberty is as bad as that gas guzzling, 17MPG highway Escalade I was following. (No offense to my uncle) :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon, that sounds pretty good for that loaded down "oil burner" of yours. I don't think any gasoline KJ would get near that with the load you described.

Safe trip.

Dave

ps...don't forget the Elvis pic's....
Not so true,the gasser's can get pretty close.When my KJ was not lifted running 225/75R16 MT/R's(no lift,gears,****** skid,tools,and such) I pulled a 3000lbs trailer from Mitchell,SD to Ft Lewis,Wa cruising at a average of 60-65mph I averaged 22.6mpg(the best I ever got,ussually doing 80-90mph on the highway) for the whole 1495 mile trip(I-90 almost all the way through the mountains),so it can be done.It kinda really sucked since it was like 100+degrees out for the whole trip and I didn't use the A/C since I was on a tight budget.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I averaged about the same on the way back with a way lighter load (sis rode with uncle) but I was going about 80-90 this time around. lol3.gif

If you told your sister to get out to lighten the load I'll bet she wacked ya..........haha.......:D

Dave

RamSport47

Reaction score
still getting between 24 and 25 highway on my 3.7 Liter 4 x 4 Sport. I'm taking it to SC from Cleveland in October...I'll let you all know about the mileage when I get back...Lots of hills thru WV, Virginia, and NC.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If I didn't have such a load and I was by myself, I could have pulled down 28-30+ if I slowed down to 65MPH. 80MPH is way different than 65. 80MPH in my '04 3.7L would have yielded me oh about 20 or less. Been there and done that. I used A/C the entire trip.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
still getting between 24 and 25 highway on my 3.7 Liter 4 x 4 Sport. I'm taking it to SC from Cleveland in October...I'll let you all know about the mileage when I get back...Lots of hills thru WV, Virginia, and NC.

That's the best mpg yet. I guess I got ledfoot.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online