Bennett's Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lib03

Reaction score
well now that i see it can be done can you possibly tell me everything about your sound system? please. It looks excatly like what i want for my limited.
Your kj looks super dude.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
lib03 said:
well now that i see it can be done can you possibly tell me everything about your sound system? please. It looks excatly like what i want for my limited.
Your kj looks super dude.

Well here's what I have

Alpine Indash Monitor
TV/DVD/MP3 Player (under passenger seat)
Alpine 4 channel amp (under drivers seat)
Infinity Kappa speakers front and rear
Audio Bahn A8000T Amp 800 RMS
2200 Watt Peak Audiobahn subwoofer in a 3.2 ft cubic inch box. Complete with monster 1 farad capacitor.

Bennett

tomjonesrocks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett,

How do those two lights inside the headlights work? Is there a switch that comes with those that you have to find a spot in the interior for? New to this and don't really know what's involved in those. Is that something you ordered and then installed yourself? Would assume there's some wire to trace through to the interior, etc...

TJR

-=JoN=- said:
hey bennett did u by anychance hella used ur jeep for their catalog?...

and y didnt they let u keep those lights eh...?

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hel...ing/Xenon/Rallye_4000_HID/Rallye_4000_HID.jsp :-s (biggrin)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
tomjonesrocks said:
Bennett,

How do those two lights inside the headlights work? Is there a switch that comes with those that you have to find a spot in the interior for? New to this and don't really know what's involved in those. Is that something you ordered and then installed yourself? Would assume there's some wire to trace through to the interior, etc...

TJR

Basically it's a pretty simple hookup. In this type of setup it comes with all the stuff you need... wire, relay, and switch. However, I never use the supplied wire, because I like to use my own wire. I find it's easier to work with wire off a spool than to use the long stuff in the kit. The only difficulty is running the wire for the switch through the firewall, its not hard, but just time consuming. You can order these lights (hella 500) anywhere pretty much and install them your self in about a hour or two. As far a placement of switches you can pretty much put them anywhere you like in the interior. In my setup I have my lights trigged two ways, by a manual switch and with the brights, I used 2 relays to accomplish this.

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennet,
How big are those lights you got up in front?
- joe

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's that GPS thing you have in there? is it a palm pilot or just a gps device? I've got an Alpine unit in my wrangler and would either move it to a libby when i decide to trade in the wrangler or put something like the alpine DVD unit you have, since i've been told the factory GPS take up a lot of space n such. Also does it work well? My cousin's husband has a factory gps in his toyota and it got him lost on the way to my grandmother's funeral. I think a GPS would be a smart edition to a photojournalist's car.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
GoldBug said:
What's that GPS thing you have in there? is it a palm pilot or just a gps device? I've got an Alpine unit in my wrangler and would either move it to a libby when i decide to trade in the wrangler or put something like the alpine DVD unit you have, since i've been told the factory GPS take up a lot of space n such. Also does it work well? My cousin's husband has a factory gps in his toyota and it got him lost on the way to my grandmother's funeral. I think a GPS would be a smart edition to a photojournalist's car.

It's a dell axim x3 with a Navman bluetooth GPS system. It works fantastic!! no problems what so ever.

AntTrax

Reaction score
Bennett, have you noticed any issues with the screen blocking two vents on the dash?

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
AntTrax said:
Bennett, have you noticed any issues with the screen blocking two vents on the dash?

No issues really... but if it's cold I'll fold the screen down so I have more vents blowing at me. Although I have left it up before while using the vents and no problems...

Bennett

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job! Man that is a piece of art. I applaud you my friend!

I really like the color and all of the accents together (black) Looks really good)

Doug