Bendix Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was Bennett who put Bendix Brake pads on the Jeep? I'm looking about replacing my brakes on all corners with this brand. The rotors in the rear need replacing also. Anyone else run these brakes, and any suggestions? I don't want to spend bucco dollars on Green Stuff, Hawk, or Power Slot rotors.

:confused:

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used them in the past on other vehicles with no complaints until they changed them. I put Bendix Titanium Metallic on my Ranger that I traded in on the KJ and they were horrible. They must have changed the way they make em or something. They were sqeaking like crazy, I took everything back off and did it again(I've done brakes SEVERAL times), and it still did it. I took them off again and returned them and got another set thinking maybe I just got a bad set. They STILL did it, so I returned those and got Morse Ceramic Pads from autozone I think....I LOVED the ceramic pads.....no noise, no brake dust, and about the same price as the Bendix. Most people love Bendix and have never had a problem, I only had a problem that one time so they'll probably be plenty good enough. Oh, and stay away from Raybestos...EVERYtime I used Raybestos they were squeaking. :cool:

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it was Bennett who put Bendix Brake pads on the Jeep? I'm looking about replacing my brakes on all corners with this brand. The rotors in the rear need replacing also. Anyone else run these brakes, and any suggestions? I don't want to spend bucco dollars on Green Stuff, Hawk, or Power Slot rotors.

:confused:

I just have some akebono cermaic pads. They are not bad. Stop similar to stock and quiet. Just using the stock rotors.

JMLoughrey

Reaction score
dont waste your time with bendix pads. They are horrible. I replaced the stock pads about 8 months ago now with bendix pads, after about 3 months they started to squeak and scream and make all sorts of noises. I've tried every fix there is, they are coming off in a little bit to make way for some better hopefully quieter pads.

If there is one thing in life that you dont penny pinch on, make it brakes, they have to stop your vehicle and could either make or break your life.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ceramic pads come on libertys(at least my 04) so I would stick with ceramic pads. They stop great(mine does), they last along time, and there isnt any dust.

I would really like to get the powerslot rotors like you said, but I also just do not want to spend that much on rotors.. $100 a pop!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the factory pads were made by Bendix....they were listed as OE equipment when I bought them. I have them on the rear.