Before and After

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before :) :

You must be registered for see images

After several thousand dollars and a trip to Big Bear :D :

We had AllJ do a full Frankenlift II with the OME struts and shocks, got very lightly used Rubicon wheels and tires (2000 miles), and figured as long as we were there we'd have the radiator hoses replaced with the BRX as well.

We kept the old stock tires and wheels for long road trips, for the gas mileage but especially for the noise (this is our tow vehicle and our play vehicle, not our daily driver).

Russ

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeeee Haw! Looking great, especially the front shot.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, very good!!! It looks like Beth and I will be sitting on the sidelines by ourselves from now on as you and Mary run off and play with the big boys...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, very good!!! It looks like Beth and I will be sitting on the sidelines by ourselves from now on as you and Mary run off and play with the big boys...
Naw, we'll just put a strap on ya and haul ya thru the fun stuff lol3.gif

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good, thousands well spent. now you dont have to pick lines unless you are looking for the more challenging route :)

kudos

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have any front recoveryy points

There are front tow hooks there, the Mopar ones, they just blend in pretty well. You can kinda see the sun shining off them.

Those and skid plates (and the hitch) were the first things we did to it.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Now there's one less stocker in the group though....

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a lift is that

It's a 2.5 inch lift. I'm getting almost exactly one inch from the wheels/tires - my rear differential went from almost exactly 8" to almost exactly 9" off the ground. My old springs must have been sagging a little, because under the front of the rock rail went from 11.5" to 15.5". Oh, and it's also level from front to back now, also 15.5" at the back of the rail. Before it was about an inch higher in the back.

My CV joints are looking quite good, they are currently pitched down at slightly less of an angle then they were pitched up before the lift.

We got the Heavy Duty springs all around, because we tow and are eventually planning to get an ARB or Rock Lizard front bumper. You feel the little bumps more, but there is zero bounce and very little body roll. It rides nice.

All in all I'm pleased and not expecting any issues.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that looks hot! That's exactly what i've been planning to do with ours. Seeing your pics confirms it. Looks *SO* much tougher. Gunna have to wait a few months for the funds though. Been keeping my eyes on craigstlist and ebay for a set of MOABs.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed a huge differance when i put the ARB on, there was almost 0 flex in the front suspension and now it feels almost stock when i go over bumps and such.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have any front recoveryy points
Oh here we go again! LOL J/K

Lookin great Russ! Ya those CV axle angles look really good too. Must be the new franken lift er somthing, everyone who has the old FL seems to have way ugly angles under there.

Now all you need is to put your bumper under the nife!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH and Russ.... Change your Avtar now man!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh here we go again! LOL J/K

LOL!!

Russ, your KJ looks awesome. Can you PM me the parts list that you bought up? I would love to begin gathering a list of my lift mods for possibly a redo next year. It would be 3 years since my BDS lift was setup. 2008 introduces the new KK....2008 introduces the new MoladoGuy KJ :)

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ, your KJ looks awesome. Can you PM me the parts list that you bought up?

Thanks! It was just the standard Frankenlift II Premium, AllJ did the install, along with Al's replacement A-arms (still the black ones, AllJ hadn't gotten the red ones yet).

Russ

Latest posts

Members online