Balljoint recall notice yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgp1843

Reaction score
Anybody get their balljoint recall notice in the mail yet? I haven't heard a word. I'm in no big rush, as my Libby is only 4 months old and I'd like my dealer to get really experienced at doing the work before I make an appointment, but I thought I'd find out whether anyone has actually gotten the written notice yet.

blue gascon

Reaction score
Got the notice and had the work done already- Bought my 02 liberty July 26 2006 from a local dealer. Had an oxygen sensor go bad within the 3000 mi/60 day warantee and received the recall between the time I booked the service apointment and the date it was scheduled- called the dealer and asked if they could do both on same appointment. They were happy to combine the work, probably offsets some of their warantee cost by doing the ball joints on the same visit and getting reimbursed by DC. Noticed only slight difference in handling, these had been replaced on the 02 in the first recall already, so this is the second replacement.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ur gonna have to wait a while..since u have a more recent model. I got my notice about a month ago..got the work done the other day

priell3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Havent' received my notice yet.

I checked with my local dealer a few times and they didn't have the parts.

Then I called the dealer where I bought it and they didn't have the parts either but put me on a waiting list. They are calling customers as they get the parts. I just gotta wait.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had my oil changed last weekend and the guy at the counter said the parts were on a nationwide back order for about 3 weeks.

VTjeepguy

Reaction score
got my letter over a month ago. made an appointment last thursday for this coming thursday. said they would put the parts on hold for me as they were running thin...

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No notice yet for either my 03 or 04 KJ's. I installed Moogs in my 04 so I will be looking for a reimbursement for that and I will be doing the same on my 03 once they send me the notice.

waggles2004

Reaction score
According to DC, notices will be sent out from oldest to newest, by production date. Also, as stated, the parts are on backorder, and each dealership will only have about enough parts for about 5-10% of the vehicles.

smitty1938

Reaction score
New ball joints

Had my oil changed last week and the dealer put the new ball joints in while it was being serviced. They did not mention any shortage.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
if your ball joints feel funky, don't wait for notice, print and go, demand they do it. It is more of a "dealer receving their note" then you receiving yours..

iluvmyliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never got a notice in the mail either, but I called my local dealer and they ordered the parts and I got mine fixed last week. They told me I didn't have to wait until I got the recall in the mail.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'05 Renny and I havent heard a peep. Ill prop end up getting it done in dec or early next year.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not received a notice as of today. But a couple of weeks ago I made an appointment and they did it. I didn't need a letter.

So with my luck what'll happen now is they will run out of the "replacements" they are using now and start putting Moogs on with no extra charge!!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't gotten mine yet, but I feel there are plenty out there that need them more than I do...I have 36k on mine, 30k, when I bought it almost 3 months ago, and my milage is low for the year...and it feels fine, so I'll be content waiting for a while while those with higher miles and more risk get theirs done.

Whats the chance of me getting a notice since I bought mine used?

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just recieved mine, attached with some coupons for my local 5 star dealership. It doesn't even call out what it is, just says "your F23 recall"
Let's not draw attention huh?