Ball joint recall for 2002-2003 models?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TypeRx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I've had my 2003 Liberty since new (Dec. 2002). I vaguely remember taking it in to have a recall done on the rear suspension (was it bearings or ball joints) a couple years after I got it. Now I am seeing the variety of recalls on Libertys for ball joints but the recent ones seem to exclude 2002 and 2003 models. Why is that? Probably a simple answer so I figured I'd ask here before calling the dealer to lookup my VIN.

In any case, 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4, 123K miles, and been rock solid. Outside of very normal routine maintenance, the only problems I've had is I replaced my A/C system (compressor, drier, orifice tubes, and probably more) earlier in the year and had to replace a valve cover gasket. Fantastic car but I am troubled to see that I am starting to get a little paint bubbling near the rear 3rd brake light and some early/mild surface rust near the drain on my front passenger door.