AZ June or July Run...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it's getting a tad warm here in the Valley, but we all have A/C so that shouldn't be a big factor.

Is anyone up for a run in June or July? Dates and location are open for discussion...

Last edited:

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am probably down but my schedule is pretty hectic for a bit so i dont want to commit to anything untill it is closer but definately intrigued!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am probably down but my schedule is pretty hectic for a bit so i dont want to commit to anything untill it is closer but definately intrigued!
x2, they have us working so much OT right now that I sometimes forget what day it is, but if something gets planned on a day I can get off I'll try my best to be there.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! This has been posted for a week and there are no suggestions or inputs as where and when for another run. What's up, is everyone tired of getting out and about???

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! This has been posted for a week and there are no suggestions or inputs as where and when for another run. What's up, is everyone tired of getting out and about???
Tired of getting out and about, no. Tired, yes. I'm not particular to any trail, just waiting to see what happens.

M&P40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am down for whatever but i have a few trips come up that are unexpected that i have to take but one is this week and the other is not till the middle of july so i am in for whatever. i would like to do a run up near the rim but not the rim road as that is easy and if i drive that far i would like to get some good wheeling in.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would like to do a run up near the rim but not the rim road as that is easy and if i drive that far i would like to get some good wheeling in.

LOL... how you've changed over the past year since we've been wheeling together AND that's a good thing!!!

Okay, the only trail I know up by the rim is just south of Young off of 288, the dirt road that runs to Hwy 188. The trail cuts across the mountains and comes out at Punkin Center. You may have heard me talk of it... it took us four hours to cover seven miles of rocks right after we bought the KJ.

We could run up to Globe and then to Young for a quick lunch and do the hard part on the way out.

Just an idea. I'm open to other ideas and dates.

AJ

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vern, from over on L.O.S.T. is putting together a trip for Sat, Jun 21... the Backway to Crown King (Wells #38). For anyone on this site that's interested, there's more info HERE....

Last edited:

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! What's up? I can't believe none of the regulars are interested in the run up to CK tomorrow. :confused: :( sad2.gif

EDIT: On the other hand, with gas prices what they are AND the heat (supposed to be 114* tomorrow) I can see why there's not much interest....

Last edited:

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're gonna sit this one out, what with the gas prices and the temperature and the fact that we've done the CK run twice in the last year already (lifted and unlifted, and lifted is a lot easier).

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ... sorry you and Mary can't make it. Yeah, tell me about the gas prices. That and the heat (supposed to be 114* today) I can't blame anyone for passing on this run.

It's been a few years since we 've done the CK trail and then, it was in the TJ. I remember the last few miles to be the roughest and the 'ledge' was a little tough getting up and over.

Nope, you know the story... no lift BUT, I did get some more aggressive A/T tires made by Toyo that I need to try out.

WIll post up pics later.

AJ

Last edited:

Arizona KJ Carlos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I have been wanting to do this trail for so long. It ***** that I cant go this time out. Work has been crazy busy and school is taking up most of my spare time. I'll try to see if I can make it to the next run. I hope you guys have fun...

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another fun trip under our belt. Wish more people could have made it.

The Crown King trail (Wells #38) is rated difficult. Beth's stock height daily driver KJ has been pushed to it's limit. We had to take the 'strap' twice.

Check out the trip report and pictures HERE....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: